/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Ansel Shortcut for Screenshots — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Ansel Shortcut for Screenshots

Had a quick go with Ansel last night, it is an awesome tool love being able to fly the camera around and get 3rd person perspective of faith and change FOV and all that.

One thing is that it says the resolution it says it uses is like 7k but the finished pngs are 4K which is still good but anyone know if its doing the supersampling?

Also I remember reading that if you had some graphic settings turned down it would turn them up to take the screenshot then back down, doesn't look like this is happening?

The main annoyance at the moment is the shortcut, I'm playing on a 360 controller but I have to make sure I'm in front of a keyboard and try to hit ALT F2, its difficult especially if you want an action shot mid jump or midway through fighting Krugersec.

My idea for the gamepad would be double press START, it would probably pause the game too but your sortof doing that anyway jumping into Ansel, and its something thats easy to access but you wouldnt accidentally press in normal gameplay.

What do you guys think would be a better KB shorcut or gamepad shortcut?

Comments

• majic911
    4 posts
    edited July 2016
    I cant even get Ansel to open up anyway. I know my graphics card can run it (960m), I know my game and my driver are up to date, and I even tried changing the binding on turning on runner's vision to right alt instead of left so I could use left to do alt+f2 but nothing is working. I'm really not happy because I would love some 360 screenshots too. Any ideas on how I can get this to work? What did you have to do?
  • How do you get it into third person? For majic, have you downloaded the latest NVidia driver yet?
  • To get into 3rd person just move the camera back with movement controls. So last night with the gamepad I was using the left stick to move the camera and right stick to aim the camera but you can probably also use the wasd movement keys aswell.
  • how do you access screen shots taken? just recently messed around with ansel but i don't know where to find the folder.
  • Check C:\Users\<username>\Pictures

Alternately, check C:\Users\<username>\Videos
  • Windows updated today and now my game lags like crazy even on medium settings, whereas I didn't have a problem playing on ultra before. Also Ansel doesn't launch for some reason. Yesterday it was fine, but now it just doesn't work. I guess I'll have to update to the newest drivers as well...