/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Having trouble with lag. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Having trouble with lag.

Bird_Of_Faith
161 posts
edited July 2016
So I'm experiencing some extreme lag every 10 to 15 seconds, it stutters, the sound goes static, and the lag is extremely horrible. This has not happened to me until a few days ago. I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled, it seemed fix for a little bit, but then the lag started again. Im runnig the game on high, with motion blur off. My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M... If i need to post my full pc specs and the video settings i run it on, then i shall... Thank you to anyone who helps!!

Comments

• I'm also having these problems. I turned off V-Sync and it fixed the in-game stuttering. I'm still having very laggy cutscenes though. I've been waiting 7 years for a new ME, and I just want to play it the way it's meant to be played. :'(

I haven't found any answers to the cutscene problem.
  • Tlannister wrote: »
    I'm also having these problems. I turned off V-Sync and it fixed the in-game stuttering. I'm still having very laggy cutscenes though. I've been waiting 7 years for a new ME, and I just want to play it the way it's meant to be played. :'(

I haven't found any answers to the cutscene problem.

Yeah, same, i just want to play the game without any serious problems that affect the cutscenes...
  • Hi, I'm have the worst stuttering problem in gameplay and cutscenes every 10-15 seconds too, even with the vsync on and off and GPU Restriction on and off, is there no way to fix this?
  • Hi, I'm have the worst stuttering problem in gameplay and cutscenes every 10-15 seconds too, even with the vsync on and off and GPU Restriction on and off, is there no way to fix this?

I FINALLY found an interesting way to fix it, I started a new game and looked up on youtube how to make my laptop faster, have a look, legitimately 2 steps for me and the lag in cutscenes was gone, and I've only got a nvidia 850M...
  • I'm pretty confused. What exactly did you find?
  • Tlannister wrote: »
    I'm pretty confused. What exactly did you find?

okay, what i did was set my battery performance to high, thats the first step i did, here's the video i followed, this is for windows 10 by the way... here is the video i watched, the first 2 steps fixed it for me, this might not work for everyone im not sure...
  • TheHomeButton
    2 posts
    edited July 2016
    Hi, I've managed to fix mine by turning on the GPU Restriction, then while in game, turn on the console with the '`' key, and type this in 'GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60'. It managed to stop the stuttering on both the gameplay and the cutscenes. And I'm playing the game with Origin being in offline mode. Problem is I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to type this thing in every time you start the game. Unless there's a way to permanently add this line in. I've gotten all this info from
    https://forums.mirrorsedge.com/discussion/2682/fix-for-stutter-micro-stutter#latest
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mirror's_Edge_Catalyst#Stuttering. Hope this helps.