/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Writing the next Mirrors Edge story. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Writing the next Mirrors Edge story.

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Writing the next Mirrors Edge story.

If you had enough resources, writers, time and money, what would you include for the next Mirrors Edge story? I can say a lot on this, but first I want to hear your ideas. Please, don't be sarcastic and say "a good story". Be genuine with your responses. This is to both add ideas to this rekindled universe and improve it.

Comments

• BombyProduction
    5 posts
    edited July 2016
    Removed for violation of our Community Guidelines.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
    "Should be some scaffolding ahead, try and lose some of the heat in there."
  • Removed for violation of our Community Guidelines.

Wait...what? What guideline did I violate? I was not attempting to insult the company or do anything.
  • I think this topic is a great idea. Can someone please explain why it's a violation of our guidelines?
  • I think this topic is a great idea. Can someone please explain why it's a violation of our guidelines?

The first comment was a violation of community guidelines. Not the actual post itself
  • ParryDiise wrote: »
    I think this topic is a great idea. Can someone please explain why it's a violation of our guidelines?

The first comment was a violation of community guidelines. Not the actual post itself

Oh that makes sense. Back to the topic, then!

Personally I don't really know what I'd like in a storyline for Mirror's Edge. It's true, I've mocked and complained about the storylines of both Mirror's Edge games many times, but I can't actually think of a plot I'd like myself, which is pretty hypocritical of me. I think the dystopian storyline was a bit of an improvement in Catalyst compared to the original game, but I don't want the game to become some teens-saving-the-world thing. If the game and its sequels could do it right, I'd like a game with that new-age futuristic plot again, but improved somewhat with what the community has suggested. (Sorry if this post was kind of rambly and confusing.)
  • i believe since that
    Cat is now the new head of KrugerSec
    the story should have something to do with the fact that that has happened. maybe Cat could register these new rules to eradicate the runners (which i think has already happened since the news billboards have said it) Catalysts story left quiet a cliff hanger in a sense, especially when faith said at the end
    we started something, something we intend to finish...
    so maybe the story could follow faith on a new journey to really expose the corrupt side of the conglomerate to Cascadia and the employs. this could mean going to a new part of the city? or even a new city with in Cascadia?? Faith obviously dug something up the conglomerate won't admit, and since the employs are so driven by the corporations that they're blinded to see the truth, catalysts story to me only felt like a step or even an introduction into a whole story. when i finished the game i was left wanting more and more as the games story only really followed
    the destruction of reflection, and faith finding out her sister is alive...
    i can't be the only one, there has to be more to this... the story feels like it hasn't ended yet... a sequel to catalyst i feel is necessary.
  • What I don't understand is that in multiple interviews, the game makers stated that the game was named 'Catalyst' because "Faith is a kind of catalyst for change in the city... she creates a difference in Glass..." and yet in the game, as has already been stated in this thread, the ending doesn't really show that.
    Faith outright states that nothing changed. Why was the game called Catalyst if Faith didn't really make the huge change we were led to believe occured? She may have messed with Reflection, but we never really found out if the people truly wanted it, or the full view of what Reflection could do. Did the little change she made affect people positively enough to call her a catalyst, if "nothing changed"?
  • I can just imagine a trailer for dlc...

Faith wakes up in Black November, dizzy she asks what happened. Icarus tells her when she was investigating Platnuim (that is what I'm calling the big main bridge in the city) one of 4 the pillar/towers was bombed by another faction and she was knocked out. Rebecca walks in with Cat, she says that Faith was in a medically induced coma for 9 and a half months. Since then, CC Corp have upgraded the Shard, Platnuim and the actual city itself (so you can traverse it) but are also terrorising the population. The main fight isn't in the area, it's all over the city. Now you must truly be the catalyst Faith...

The rest of Glass, maybe the Greylands, more underground/more Omnistat tunnels and The Shard will be accessible in free roam with me the added bonus of interiors of mission skyscrapers and others (Elysium, Allcom, rest of Pirandello Bazaar, Anasi Emporium etc.) with a full on story of main mission and side mission like the nomad ones and maybe an Icarus story mode???? £40-£60 but game owners get part of the map for free in an update and the dlc half price and collector's edition owners get it free. We had to pay £150 for that! Or DICE could make this a seemless mmo?
    That would satisfy me for 8 years!

• This whole comment is a spoiler...

Well, in the story there are a lot of loose threads, Faith never pays Dogen back, a lot of the dialogue Plastic says kind of leads us to believe that there's something more to come, especially when she claims that The Shard will collapse, which it never did by the way, the obvious cliff hanger with Cat becoming the new head of Krugersec, Bird Man's mission pigeons down, you never found out why the pigeons were killed or who that one runner was from the unknown cabal, etc. going off the hanging loose plot points of the game, some characters could really use some development, Bird Man, Nomad, and even Icarus, I say Icarus because even though he was a main character, you never find out what his secret was, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, on the characters section of the website for Icarus it states he has a secret,
    13892012_567932826744042_1448977505067852318_n.jpg?oh=c3a680fd26fcae0952aa1fba3efcc19d&oe=583047D0
    Maybe the secret was revealed and I just haven't noticed because it's in a document or recording that I haven't found yet. But ya, before EA/DICE introduce anything new I believe they should find a way to tie up these loose ends, either through DLC, or another comic, or maybe through the new TV show they announced will happen.
  • filipomel wrote: »
    This whole comment is a spoiler...

Well, in the story there are a lot of loose threads, Faith never pays Dogen back, a lot of the dialogue Plastic says kind of leads us to believe that there's something more to come, especially when she claims that The Shard will collapse, which it never did by the way, the obvious cliff hanger with Cat becoming the new head of Krugersec, Bird Man's mission pigeons down, you never found out why the pigeons were killed or who that one runner was from the unknown cabal, etc. going off the hanging loose plot points of the game, some characters could really use some development, Bird Man, Nomad, and even Icarus, I say Icarus because even though he was a main character, you never find out what his secret was, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, on the characters section of the website for Icarus it states he has a secret,
    13892012_567932826744042_1448977505067852318_n.jpg?oh=c3a680fd26fcae0952aa1fba3efcc19d&oe=583047D0
    Maybe the secret was revealed and I just haven't noticed because it's in a document or recording that I haven't found yet. But ya, before EA/DICE introduce anything new I believe they should find a way to tie up these loose ends, either through DLC, or another comic, or maybe through the new TV show they announced will happen.

i think the secret was the fact that he use to work for Rebecca, i'm not sure if thats actually it, but it seems to be at the moment...
  • i also noticed that when on one of the billboards, when the news was playing, it said that there was going to be a full investigation on what happened with the failed reflection launch, and that citizens should be expecting a fully updated version of it sometime in the future. this fully updated version of reflection could be a pathway into an even sinister story for a sequel, possibly...
  • All these are some great ideas. I almost want to write my own sequel, but I am busy writing a Lara Croft story.
  • Oh ya, you also never find out why that arm tattoo is so special, in one of the flash back cut scenes, Faith asks her mom what that drawing was, the mom said that its her future, implying it has some importance, but you never find out why, unless of course I just missed why.
  • filipomel wrote: »
    Oh ya, you also never find out why that arm tattoo is so special, in one of the flash back cut scenes, Faith asks her mom what that drawing was, the mom said that its her future, implying it has some importance, but you never find out why, unless of course I just missed why.

Hhmmm yes, I noticed that too, and not once did the tattoo show anything symbolic except at the end when she has it on her arm. Maybe the tatto is somesort of secret scientific code that Faiths mum wanted to keep hidden from the conglomerate..