/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Games been abandoned. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Games been abandoned.

Well, I said it once and I'll say it again.
It's been abandoned.

Seriously, it's been a month since I last saw an update being released (which still isn't out on consoles). The soundtrack was released but by SOLAR FIELDS, not by EA.
Runtastic? hmm, seems like a huge scheme to me.
And, wheres the DLC? I probably can sleep easy tonight knowing, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, mind you, an Electronic Arts game probably has some DLC in development, but, hey, it'll only be announced at EA Play 2021 and release 3 years later, broken and crippled in 2024.
Maybe though, the servers won't last cause EA will probably shut em down before the end of this year.
"Should be some scaffolding ahead, try and lose some of the heat in there."

Comments

• ParryDiise
    74 posts
    edited August 2016
    Agreed. Why is it taking them so long?
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Glad we atleast got one more Mirror's Edge game. But it shoundn't have taken this long to get a sequel.

But now the franchise is officially dead.
  • Autumn line up will get priority over everything else for a bit. Don't be surprised if we don't hear anything till November or so.

Two new consoles, plus a new Battlefield incoming shortly...
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Autumn line up will get priority over everything else for a bit. Don't be surprised if we don't hear anything till November or so.

Two new consoles, plus a new Battlefield incoming shortly...

Exactly what he said, don't give up hope just yet
  • ArchAngeL_777
    39 posts
    edited July 2016
    It's a bit soon to get any DLC. The game hasn't been out for two months yet. And really, there might not be any DLC. I really don't expect DLC from a game like this. I imagine it would be quite hard to do as well. The only way I could see it happening is if they opened up another section of the city, filled it with more side quests, and added a small story with it.

To me it's like the Infamous games. Infamous 1, 2, and Second Son didn't actually get any DLC. What Sucker Punch did was make two small stand alone expansions. They did Festival of Blood on PS3 and First Light on PS4. They are basically moving on to new games.

I would rather see DICE move on to a third game, building on this one, than spend time with making DLC. EA has been in the press recently talking about how MEC met their expectations, so I don't think that means the game or IP is dropped.
  • ginseng
    4 posts
    edited August 2016
    What is it with the hysteria about EA abandoning. If y'all look at sales numbers, it was second only to Overwatch. EA had a field day with it. Also, as @ninemil mentioned, it's too early and if y'all once more look at average release dates of DLC, they're about six months from the main release.
    Casualax people. It's EA we're talking about. B^)
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • If feel its been abandoned too, and what has given me the impression is how quiet they've been for the past couple months since release. It took them 3 weeks to fix the broken cutscene issue as well, and it seems like they have all hopped onto BF1 development to ensure the game is ready, and isn't going to be broken when October comes around, which is that much longer. However, I'll give them the benefit of doubt that the only reason they have said anything, or let us know about them further supporting MEC is because they have been tasked with finishing up BF1 with the rest of DICE. So I'll give them till the end of the year to give us any info on story DLC, or anything of the sort, but if we don't get anything by then, then I think it will be safe to say that the game has been official abandoned.
  • RedDesign
    10 posts
    edited August 2016
    EA: "Money, Money, Money :p " like ACTIVISION but they don't care about the players.
    No after sales service. We want a new patch, DLC Story o:)
  • I don't really expect games without a season pass to get DLCs, like, ever.
  • killchan wrote: »
    I don't really expect games without a season pass to get DLCs, like, ever.

The Sims 4 doesn't have any seasons pass, and it's probably the game with more DLCs ever made
  • fons_garmo wrote: »
    killchan wrote: »
    I don't really expect games without a season pass to get DLCs, like, ever.

The Sims 4 doesn't have any seasons pass, and it's probably the game with more DLCs ever made

that's the exception: SIMS is one of the strongest franchise ever ('^ ^) , and it came out way before pre-release season passes became a thing.