/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Where are the rest of the Opportunity Missions? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Where are the rest of the Opportunity Missions?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Where are the rest of the Opportunity Missions?

OompaMyLoompaa
14 posts
edited August 2016
In the Companion App, under Objectives, there are 40 opportunity missions for you to complete. Four can't be found on my map of Cascadia and I have also checked underground and experimented with the map legend. Where are they?
Post edited by OompaMyLoompaa on

Comments

• A security hub is a signal tower ontop of buildings which connect the citizens to the grid, its got more to it but I won't say it since im not sure if you've played the story. But other then that you can destroy security hubs by taking the core of the system out of the machine, and it destroys the tower, this gives you xp and there is about two to three security hubs to each district except for Development Zone G.

An opportunity mission or diversion opportunity mission, is a mission given to you by other runners, what you've got to do is distract different groups of kruger-Sec so the runner can get their job done. So you'll run to the first group of ksec, you'll have a timer, then you go to the next, every group you go to your timer gets about 20 seconds added so you have more time to get to the next patrol of ksec, then once the runner is finished they'll tell you over comms, and then the mission will end.

I hope this helped.
  • A security hub is a signal tower ontop of buildings which connect the citizens to the grid, its got more to it but I won't say it since im not sure if you've played the story. But other then that you can destroy security hubs by taking the core of the system out of the machine, and it destroys the tower, this gives you xp and there is about two to three security hubs to each district except for Development Zone G.

An opportunity mission or diversion opportunity mission, is a mission given to you by other runners, what you've got to do is distract different groups of kruger-Sec so the runner can get their job done. So you'll run to the first group of ksec, you'll have a timer, then you go to the next, every group you go to your timer gets about 20 seconds added so you have more time to get to the next patrol of ksec, then once the runner is finished they'll tell you over comms, and then the mission will end.

I hope this helped.

Thanks for your answer, Bird of Faith.

So opportunity missions are diversion missions? Delivery missions are NOT opportunity missions?

I hope this helped.

So opportunity missions are diversion missions? Delivery missions are NOT opportunity missions?

a delivery mission is not a diversion mission, the delivery missions are just taking one package to point A then to point B on the map, and you have to make a flawless run, without stumbling as the package can break and get damaged, you also have a timer which you have to make without it running out like most missions in the game.

I hope this helped.

a delivery mission is not a diversion mission, the delivery missions are just taking one package to point A then to point B on the map, and you have to make a flawless run, without stumbling as the package can break and get damaged, you also have a timer which you have to make without it running out like most missions in the game.

I have completed 36 out of 40 opportunity missions but the rest of the 4 can not be found on the city or underground maps.

Dead drop deliveries are infinite and don't count as opportunity missions.
  • jones110
    3 posts
    edited September 2016
    Do you have finish yet?
    I miss 2. ( since long time) :'D
    https://img2.picload.org/image/rrwdgcaa/invisble.jpg
  • jones110 wrote: »
    Do you have finish yet?
    I miss 2. ( since long time) :'D
    https://img2.picload.org/image/rrwdgcaa/invisble.jpg

I'm missing 4 and still having trouble finding them.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that opportunity missions are made up of four types:
    1) Fragile deliveries
    2) Covert deliveries
    3) Diversions
    4) Interventions
    Only the last type does not show up on the map, but they do count as opportunity missions and therefore contribute to the total of 40. I've done two of these so far- they seem pretty short and straightforward. You'll come across an employ being harassed by a few KrugerSec and then you have to take them out for him/her. In my experience, the employ will thank you for saving them and you'll get 100 XP for each one completed.
    However, you can't set a waypoint for this type of mission- you'll just stumble upon them randomly while traversing the city doing whatever it is you're doing. Thus it's a matter of chance to come across and complete an intervention mission. They were a bit of a surprise for me too- I didn't know I was doing it until I looked at my map and it said so.
    I do believe that another thread discussed the same topic under a different title- something along the lines of "My opportunity missions total doesn't change?" Sorry, I'm really not sure what it's called, but typing those keywords in may come up with something, as other players have had the same problem before. The locations of a few intervention missions were discussed in that thread, from what I remember.
    Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck with completing all of your missions!
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • So I think that the ones you're missing are actually intervention missions.
  • So I think that the ones you're missing are actually intervention missions.

Yup, four interventions. Just having trouble locating them in the City of Glass. It's a big place.
  • Definitely. Four intervention missions, and 12 areas in the city to choose from. This isn't really helpful, but I'm sure one of the ones I did was in Shimmering Heights.
  • Maybe these threads will help:
    1) Intervention Locations / Time of day
    2) Intervention Missions
  • Sorry, but here is another thread that can help you out:
    39/40 Opportunity Missions. What am I missing?
    In this, a user has a link in their comment which can direct you to all intervention mission locations which have so far been discovered.