/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Highest Point Reachable in Free Roam? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Highest Point Reachable in Free Roam?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Highest Point Reachable in Free Roam?

Gudmundr
4 posts
edited August 2016
Hi all, today I figured out a way to reach a point in the Anansi tower several floors above the "pendulum" area (even higher than you get during Benefactor) in free roam, and placed an L.E. to prove it:
http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/reachthis/1767351733/6148f600-58e7-11e6-9e39-e11ded616606
It occurred to me that this might be one of the highest points reachable in free roam, and was just wondering if anyone had found anywhere higher.

Comments

• Just out of curiousity, how did you get up to the pendulum area in free roam in the first place? AFAIK only the Benefactor mission can activate the elevator which brings you up there, and the white steel beams next to the outer glass shell (which allows you to double cornerclimb up) dissappear around half height of the building.

Or did you just enter the mission, and found a way to make the game think that the above pendulum area is Out Of Mission territory?

And yes, - at least on PC - noone seemed to find any other place higher. Maybe one day someone will place a beat LE somewhere on the Shard...
  • PiTM0N wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity, how did you get up to the pendulum area in free roam in the first place?

Sorry, probably should have specified that I figured out a way to leave the mission while still maintaining my position in the pendulum room, so I didn't actually free roam all the way up to there. Though I consider "free roam" to be anywhere you can walk around outside of a mission, place L.E.s and dashes, etc. I thought I had figured out a way to do the same in the Shard, but the level geometry doesn't allow the same technique, unfortunately.
    I'll probably make a video in the next few days showing how to do it, if anybody's curious and nobody else has figured it out (which a quick search on YouTube seemed to indicate).
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited August 2016
    Have you seen Zen's video?