/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Audio Bugs — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Audio Bugs

Ever since the beta, I've noticed some audio bugs that, while not super serious, ruin a bit of the immersion.

-The one I noticed first was that when you land from a height that doesn't need a roll or soft landing, after the animation where you can see Faith's left hand plays, the footsteps sound doesn't start playing until a few seconds later.

-Second, when you springboard and immediately grab onto a ledge, the sound of the vent or railing or whatever you just jumped off of stops playing abruptly.

-Third, and this isn't really a bug but more of a fault. When you do the metaGrid missions, in Rezoning Plastic says "Faith" or something like that and Faith responds with "How did you know I was here?" which doesn't really make sense. Meanwhile, I think in the View, when you start the metaGrid mission Plastic says something along the lines of "Can you help me out from where you are?". I think that dialogue has to switch places so that it will make sense.

I think there is one more that I can't remember right now. I'll post it in the comments if I do.

Comments

• Remembered what the fourth one was.
    Basically, sometimes when you start a distraction mission or maybe a delivery mission and abort inside the start circle, the music stays the same and doesn't go back to the exploration ambience. The only way to solve this is to start a dash and cancel it.
  • Another one: In Rezoning, when you slide down that big glass surface to get to the entrance of the tunnels, the sound doesn't change from glass to plastic fabric in the right places. Sometimes you'll still be on the glass but it sounds like you're on the covers right next to you. Please fix these in an update!