/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
In complete darkness — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

In complete darkness

Rikaja
1 posts
edited August 2016
Well I am on this mission where guess what, you are supposed to jump and run in almost total darkness, just with the red lines leading you. What is the point to move in the dark? And I die of course and there is some glitch that wont show me the red lines anymore, so now I am in absolute dark supposed to find a way while being shot at. Excuse me, developers?
This is frustrating.
This game could have been so much more, but instead is this. Not bad, but not very good either.

Yeah, and you should have equipped Faith with a flashlight in order to do this mission, thank you very much!
Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

Comments

• I assume I haven't experienced this mission, can you elaborate? What is the name of the mission, and do you know if it's a main story mission?
  • Haha, there's no mission like that in the game. It's probably an issue with your graphics card. I'm saying that because I've experienced something similar in another game many years ago, where basically the entire screen was yellow, but you could still run around the level and do things.
  • Yes, there isnt. I have no problem with graphic card though. Must have been some glitch. Its the main story mission where you help to catch the Krugers daughter. You have to run quickly, no stopping because the machines are firing at you. There is dark everywhere, even outside like its night. Dont think my graphic card is responsible for that. I have Radeon R9 200 series.
  • The same thing happened to me, and if I revisit the location at night it's still pitch black. I had no runner's vision at all either so it was really a nightmare. I just kept pressing jump for 5 ish minutes until I got through somehow. I was very frustrated at it.
  • Rikaja wrote: »
    Yes, there isnt. I have no problem with graphic card though. Must have been some glitch. Its the main story mission where you help to catch the Krugers daughter. You have to run quickly, no stopping because the machines are firing at you. There is dark everywhere, even outside like its night. Dont think my graphic card is responsible for that. I have Radeon R9 200 series.

So there still isn't a mission like that because that's not supposed to happen. It's probably a glitch.
  • PeppermintLarry
    39 posts
    edited August 2016
    I remember some billboard hack that was like this. I had to wait till daytime to actually see where I was going. It's in Eden Village. To get to the billboard hack you have to climb some weird scaffolding.
    Post edited by PeppermintLarry on
  • Maybe you can temporary change your monitor/ingame-brightness very high? I do this too in other games if you can't see anything. It's not comfortable for the eyes but just to finish the mission it may help sometimes.