/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
WE NEED A ANOTHER GAME!! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

WE NEED A ANOTHER GAME!!

Okay, as far as im concerned, Catalyst story needs to be continued in a sequel. The game was fun, it was new and fresh and i still enjoy playing this game to this day. But... Who else thinks that a new game would bring this franchise up higher and out. Maybe a multiplayer mode? Maybe a longer story? New moves, like front flips, back flips, new ways to use the magrope?? More gadgets, more side missions?? Character customisation, you stay as faith, but you can change her clothes, shoes, glove??? With pretty much 2 million copies sold, in the next few months I reckon it wil hit 3 million. 2 million is already a lot for mirrors edge in this time frame. We need another GAME!! PLEASE DICE!!

Comments

• Or a substantial expansion, if the 2 million sold estimate is accurate I have hope for more Mirror's Edge in one form or another.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    39 posts
    edited August 2016
    Definitely need a 3rd game! And yes adding a coop element or multiplayer directly into the open world would be the true next step for this IP.

With the original Mirror's Edge, they gave us a first person parkour game and the thrill that can go with it for the first time. With Catalyst, they expanded that to include an open world that gave us the added freedom to chose where we wanted to go, what we wanted to do, and how we wanted to get there. So really the next logical step to me for a 3rd game would be to give us an open world that we can enjoy directly with friends via multiplayer.
  • Definitely need a 3rd game! And yes adding a coop element or multiplayer directly into the open world would be the true next step for this IP.

With the original Mirror's Edge, they gave us a first person parkour game and the thrill that can go with it for the first time. With Catalyst, they expanded that to include an open world that gave us the added freedom to chose where we wanted to go, what we wanted to do, and how we wanted to get there. So really the next logical step to me for a 3rd game would be to give us an open world that we can enjoy directly with friends via multiplayer.

Definitely!!! Another game is hopefully being considered...
  • I think a DLC is the way to go, especially since they added an open city, DLC can expand the city along with the game without completely remaking a new game, the game is already made, just expand on what you already have.
  • I would really like another game as well... I pre-ordered Catalyst and will pre-order the next one if it comes to be.

I'm not extremely found of DLC's though, since they are short gameplay experience most of the time.

I'll be finishing my point by saying that I really like the music in the 2 games: SolarField did an amazing job. It sets the mood so well... There's no game other games that I felt that way because of the music!

Regards