/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
My old gamming computer ... — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

My old gamming computer ...

Hello people ...

Idk really good english, because i am french female. I learn english.

I want to buy this game MIRROR'S EDGE CATALYST i have no idea can run it on my old computer 256 on the minimum required. I don't need high requirements ...

My computer:

Cpu - Amd phenom II x4 (925) 4 cores
Ram - 6gb ddr 2 (800 mhz)
Motherboards - Gigabyte MA 770-UD3 rev: 1.0
Hardisk HDD - 500 gb (For Games)
Hardisk SDD - 120 gb ( Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64)
Source - TX 650 W Corsair
Graphic Card - GTX 560 Gigabyte (256 bit, 1Gb Memory)

Monitor: ACER 120 mhz (1920 x 1080 max )

Accessories 3D Vision Kitt

Message: When playing games battlefield 3 (Medium Setting 3D Vision Fps 40-50, battlefield 4 (Minimum Requirements no 3D vision Fps 30 - 40), battlefield Hardline (Full details) Fps 40-50. I don't see problems. I mean lags or slow game. System takes a lot more system memory instead of video memory. Is it normal ?

I can run it on my computer this game ? Thx for answers and help. Have a nice day. Lilly

Comments

• GroovyMusic
    6 posts
    edited August 2016
    Hello Lilly,

I really like Mirror's Edge Catalyst, as well as the first one! I can definitely recommend them, but sadly, due to the fact that Catalyst has NO LOADING during the whole game and is streaming textures and sounds continually during the progression of the game, you computer appears to be to much on the low side of performance.

You *might perhaps (marginally) be able to run the game with the PhenomII CPU and the minimal 6GB or RAM, but I'm fairly certain you video card having only 1GB of memory would cause the game to pause and stutter. Which is not great when you try to perfectly time your jumps.

In Battlefield 3 and 4 and the first Mirror's Edge, there are loading screens in between each levels and that help your computer to only have 1 *small* map in the memory at every time.

Before my recent purchase, I had 2 Radeon HD7970 3GB Overclocked to the max, and the game was stuttering when I was trying to put the Textures Quality above <Medium>. If you put the Textutes Quality to <High> and <Ultra>: it takes a 4 GB Video card and <Hyper> requires even more than that! The Medium settings was using 2.6 to 2.8 Gb of my 3.0GB Video Card... I didn't try the lowest setting...

I believe you would be able to play Catalyst, at lower settings, only by changing your video cards

(Je crois que ta carte Video n'a pas assez de memoire pour jouer a Catalyst. Sur le PS4, la résolution de Mirror's Edge Catalyst est seulement de 1600x900 et sur le XboxOne, la résolution est seulement de 1280x720 pour offrir une performance décente... Mes 2 Radeon HD7970 OC sont à vendre pour vraiment pas cher. Si tu en veux une, tu seras en mesure de jouer a Catalyst :) )
  • You should be able to run the game, but on Low settings as GroovyMusic said. I could run the game when I had only 4GB RAM, but there were lots of stutters and I would occasionally enter unloaded areas and have to wait before proceeding. Upgrading to 8GB made everything much smoother, though 6GB should be enough as well since it's the minimum requirement. Your GPU is just a little slower than mine, and I can run the game comfortably enough at Medium settings.

You might have to stick to Low settings and withstand longer loading times, but I don't see why it wouldn't run at all. I'd give it a try.
  • Hello people thx for info and help. I have this game on my origin account. I will tested on gtx 560 1G. I have next graphic card MSI GTX 750 with 2 GB (80 Euro) I hope GTX 750 does not have problem with Mirror's edge catalyst :-) Have a nice day ... Lilly
  • yeah, your rig isnt really good for the game. you should get a new rig. this will help you also for future titles as well.