/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Plot Inconsistencies — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Plot Inconsistencies

I've noticed a couple of weird plot inconsistencies that I thought would be interesting to discuss. The main one is all about what Rebecca claims she'll do with Kruger's daughter-
at first she says she'll capture Kaitlyn to trade for prisoners, then she says she'll kill Kaitlyn if she doesn't give up information, and then she just says she'll kill Kaitlyn because she wants to make a point to Gabriel Kruger.
This kind of inconsistency really bothers me.
However, I did expect that devs would forget to edit in Faith's arm tattoo at the end of the game, but she seems to have the tattoo after you've completed all the main story missions, which was a positive thing.
Any other inconsistencies people have noticed?

Comments

• I just don't like the continuity errors between gameplay and cutscenes. Like, you'll enter Plastic's room, and start the mission, and then the cutscene plays for a while before Faith enters the room. That also happens in the Black November base. Same thing after the cutscene has finished. For example, after Faith reunites with Noah at the Lair at the beginning of the game and the cutscene plays out, the door behind Faith is open instead of shut.

This issue could be easily resolved in most cases by having the mission trigger at a closed door, like when you first visit Plastic's lair and you click the door which opens and the cutscene plays. As for the second case, simply have the doors open again after you're a certain amount of distance away from the lair.