/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Fanmade Soundtrack Ideas — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Fanmade Soundtrack Ideas

I thought it would be cool to hear some lyrical songs on a Mirror's Edge soundtrack, not necessarily to be included in game but just to play maybe on the jukebox or available on the soundtrack itself. So I was wondering if anybody else had any songs to suggest that they think reflect the feeling of Mirror's Edge? Personally I think the song 'Dancing On Glass' by St. Lucia is very Catalyst-esque, which is the song that inspired me to write this topic. It's a synthy, dystopian kind of song similar to 'Warning Call', and I wanted to know if people had similar songs they thought suited the Catalyst vibe.

Comments

• Tokio Hotel - Masquerade
    Billy - California High
    Kavinsky - Nightcall
    Adam Lambert - Ghost Town

(Just to name a few haha) :smiley:
  • The song "Mine" by Phoebe Ryan comes to mind?
  • tinypanmilk
    130 posts
    edited August 2016
    The song "Mine" by Phoebe Ryan comes to mind?

Hey that's a great song, never really thought about it in a Mirror's Edge way before but I can see it! Musically it really, really suits too.
  • AleksRovvi wrote: »
    Tokio Hotel - Masquerade
    Billy - California High
    Kavinsky - Nightcall
    Adam Lambert - Ghost Town

(Just to name a few haha) :smiley:

Just had a listen to these songs- I can definitely hear musically how these would fit, particularly Nightcall.
  • Awesome, you're welcome! (Maybe I should work on a playlist! 8O)
  • Some other songs I've found that remind me of the game, mostly musically but also some of the lyrics are pretty accurate to Catalyst:

Too Much To Dream- Allie X
    High Society- Betty Who
    Gravel To Tempo- Hayley Kiyoko

Catch Me If You Can- NerdOut (this song was specifically written for the original game though)
    Free- Broods
    101- WALLA
    Backbeat- Dagny
    Tell Me It's Okay- Paramore
    Bury It- CHVRCHES and Hayley Williams