/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Game crashes immediately — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Game crashes immediately

Irongrin
0 posts
edited August 2016
I bought the game two days ago, the first time I played it it worked just fine. The day after it crashed on startup "Mirror's Edge Catalyst has stopped working". I deleted the first two files in mydocuments/mirror's edge catalyst/settings and it worked. But today it doesn't. I delete the two files and sync to my last save (yesterday 18:00 or something). Now I can't launch the game at all, just keeps on crashing.

Spec:
Win 10
i7 4ghz
16gig ram
GTX 1070 (driver 368.81)

*edit*
A reboot of the computer made it suddenly work... I have no idea why since the computer was off during the night and the game didn't work right after upstart, the only thing I did was remove the the two big files from mydocuments/mirror's edge catalyst/settings and tell the game to sync to the savefile in the cloud.. Unclear if this is a permanent fix or not, it probably isn't considering my problem yesterday.

*edit2*
Most definitely not fixed yet, same bug just happened again, what is this? Game has been out for a few months and you still can't start the game 100% of the time?:s

*edit3*
Turned off Origin in game and now it seems to work... Still not sure what caused the crashes in the first place, obviously it seems to be something wrong with Origin overlay in game.
Post edited by Irongrin on