/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Stuttering and Cut-Scene De-Syncs Randomly Started — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Stuttering and Cut-Scene De-Syncs Randomly Started

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Stuttering and Cut-Scene De-Syncs Randomly Started

Hello all,

I have been playing this game for around a week now and up until a couple days ago it ran perfectly well on high graphics settings. Everything was smooth up until the other day where I started the game to find some pretty horrendous stuttering issues and cut-scenes so out of sync I may well have been watching them backwards. I understand this is a pretty common problem for Catalyst however I'm left wondering how come my issues weren't always present, yet have randomly started up after about 4 days of playing?

At the time I remember checking windows update and finding out that I needed to do a system restart to install updates so chalked the issue up to being that yet the stutters still persisted afterwards. I have tried:
  • Updating my GPU drivers
  • Setting graphics settings in-game all to low
  • Disabling V-Sync
  • Disabling the GPU memory cap
  • Entering 'GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60' into the console whilst in-game

but to no avail. Anyone else got any hot-fixes they think will crack the case?

Thanks,

Will