/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Help me understand Covert Deliveries... — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Help me understand Covert Deliveries...

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Help me understand Covert Deliveries...

I've just finished Mission 11 and now i'm doing some of the sidequests scattered everywhere on the map.
There are these Covert Missions: apparently you have to avoid being detected, while still delivery the package in a really small time. I tried some of these, some are very difficult, others way easier, but even as I complete them I still can't understand them.
What i don't get is: what's different exactly from a normal delivery? Only that some k-sec can appear at random? And:
  1. why do enemies appear in random locations every time?
  2. How can I avoid being detected if I still have to hurry because of the strict time limit, considering point n.1?
  3. And lastly, why the mission doesn't fail even when I get spotted and the Ksec attacks me?
There's an eye on the top of the screen that opens when i get spotted from enemies or even cameras (they're everywere!), but apparently nothing happens after that, the client say something and the mission continues.
I think Diversion missions are much more enjoyable and comprehensible. Personally, i would get rid of the time limit completely, and just focus about not being spotted at all, even to offer a change of pace compared to the rest of the missions.
Is there something I'm missing here? I just can't understand the point of Covert Deliveries at all...

Comments

• I believe being "detected" means, the local K-Sec group who've spotted you, send out a distress call so that a V-Tol gets sent or something similar. The opened eye similar to the cracked suitcase in Fragile Delivery serve as a "you get one more chance", since the suitcase may be /cracked/ but the contents have not been broken yet.
    The "difference" I suppose is that with normal deliveries, shortness of time is the main constraining factor whereas during Covert Deliveries, you have to be swift /and find ways to either avert the K-Sec groups or to run past them quickly enough so they won't alert their central Hub or something.
  • JackyPrower
    14 posts
    edited August 2016
    ginseng wrote: »
    I believe being "detected" means, the local K-Sec group who've spotted you, send out a distress call so that a V-Tol gets sent or something similar. The opened eye similar to the cracked suitcase in Fragile Delivery serve as a "you get one more chance", since the suitcase may be /cracked/ but the contents have not been broken yet.
    The "difference" I suppose is that with normal deliveries, shortness of time is the main constraining factor whereas during Covert Deliveries, you have to be swift /and find ways to either avert the K-Sec groups or to run past them quickly enough so they won't alert their central Hub or something.

I thought about the "you get one more chanche" about the opened eye icon, similar to the fragile delivery, but in fact I can get spotted dozen of times, even engage combat, and the delivery still continues. So it's really just a normal delivery, but with random (and apparently irrelevant) encounters. (P.S: maybe the mission doesn't fail because it would become really too difficult... it's already pretty though as it is)

In my (humble) opinion these could have been much more interesting if, for example, the position of the K-sec squads were clearly marked on the map and hud, and maybe if the time limit was absent or if the remaining time did go down only when you are actually spotted. It's a shame because other missions are much more enjoyable.
    But it's just my opinion :)