/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
So how does Catalyst's story tie in with the original one? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

So how does Catalyst's story tie in with the original one?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

So how does Catalyst's story tie in with the original one?

I loved the original game so when i finally saw catalyst was released i couldnt wait to buy it, i wanted to see what happened to Kate and Faith after (spoilers) they escaped from jacknife at the end of the first game. so the time comes where i was finally able to buy catalyst but after beating it in a day i noticed that there was basically no correlation or anything with the original storyline at all. is this just taking place in a different timeline or something? spinoff series? im genuinely confused.

Comments

• Majoorhees wrote: »
    I loved the original game so when i finally saw catalyst was released i couldnt wait to buy it, i wanted to see what happened to Kate and Faith after (spoilers) they escaped from jacknife at the end of the first game. so the time comes where i was finally able to buy catalyst but after beating it in a day i noticed that there was basically no correlation or anything with the original storyline at all. is this just taking place in a different timeline or something? spinoff series? im genuinely confused.

Long story short, catalyst has nothing to do with the first game. Catalyst is a full reboot/rebirth of the game, it has nothing to do with the first one, except that there is faith and Cat, catalyst does not relate at all to the original games story... Dice has stated many times that this game currently has no relation to the original game...
  • FaithConnors
    133 posts
    edited September 2016
    Yeah but (spoilers)
    You get to go in the Shard at the end
    Home base dude dies
    Names are re used
    November riots are re used
    Icarus is Jacknife but on the "good side" bet he changes later and becomes Icarus project ;p
    My sister is still a "cop"
    There is an atrium
    The wrong music is used in the atrium and the music that would fit the atrium is used in a boring white area ;p
    Train rides
    The Janitor
    There is a "sewer" area
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Elements of the original game have definitely been recycled and even some areas in Catalyst give me a stab of nostalgia because they've obviously been modelled on places in the original. Some character roles are the same e.g Noah is pretty much a replacement of Merc, although I believe they've done him well as his own person. That being said, Catalyst is a reboot of Mirror's Edge, not a sequel.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • Elements of the original game have definitely been recycled and even some areas in Catalyst give me a stab of nostalgia because they've obviously been modelled on places in the original. Some character roles are the same e.g Noah is pretty much a replacement of Merc, although I believe they've done him well as his own person. That being said, Catalyst is a reboot of Mirror's Edge, not a sequel.

Yeah, definitely.