/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Game is unplayable - freezes constantly — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Game is unplayable - freezes constantly

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Game is unplayable - freezes constantly

Kafar
11 posts
edited September 2016
Bought it yesterday

Wanted to play it today

I cant

Tell me, how did you managed to screw up performance so badly in release after fixing it a bit in beta ?

Every 1-3 seconds the game freezes for 3-7 seconds

Same goes for main menu

Graphic settings doesnt matter, its like that on every setting be it low or medium or high

Latest drivers installed

What the **** is wrong with that game. I cant even finish tutorial due to that

EDIT: I got the game refunded. Seeing as there is no reply to this thread (or in any other, even a reply that would acknowledge the problem), the game is apparently abandoned and will never be fixed. Just at the end I will mention that I even tried various GPU drivers (along with cleaning old ones completly), the game file integrity check, running in offline Origin, running at low/mid/high preset settins along with manual settings with various combos. Nothing helped

Post edited by Kafar on

Comments

• I also have this problem. I can't even navigate the option menu due to the constant freezing. A shame i guess i'll also have to seek a refund

Win 64
    8GB Ram
    i5 2500 (turbo)
    760 OC
    Latest Drivers as of 7th Sep 2016

Bizarrely the Battlefield 1 Beta ran fine and i didn't even meet the minimum specs for that.
  • Yea, I already refunded. I've tried many things to resolve this issue but not a single one worked. You should refund ASAP as probably you also wont be able to resolve this

About the Battlefield 1 beta - same here. It ran as smooth as it could with the exception of occasional freezes - but as I googled a bit it seems that everyone got those freezes once in a while. Catalyst on the other hand ran like unstable early alpha with those constant freezes