/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
The Ending — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

The Ending

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

I'm kinda unsatisfied with the ending and I'm pretty sure the half of the folks who played the game are too. We couldn't only kill Kruger, but we couldn't even retrieve Faith's sister back.
In the first game, the ending was good. Perfect. Killed the bad guy and saved the sister. This one isn't like that.

Comments

• It was like that to lay the foundation for a sequel. I thought it was pretty good.
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited September 2016
    MichaelT wrote: »
    It was like that to lay the foundation for a sequel. I thought it was pretty good.

yeah same, i agree, catalysts ending left sort of a cliff hanger, and usually when a game leaves a cliff hanger i get a bit annoyed because i really want to know what happens, but with catalysts little cliff hanger, it left me wanting more, but it left me to wonder what will happen next, and where the story will continue, but more importantly when will it continue... to me it was a good ending, which successfully pulled the player in, preparing them for hopefully more.
  • I didn't like the ending because there's not always a certain sequel. Judging by sales, it looks like we might get a sequel, but there's still a big chance we'll be left on this cliffhanger forever. In any case, it took years to make this game, so we'll be stuck on this cliffhanger for a long time if we ever get a second game. I understand it's good to keep the story open for a second game, but when a second game can't be promised and the ending of the game basically tells you nothing changed and you didn't achieve anything, it's not a good ending.
  • I didn't like the ending because there's not always a certain sequel. Judging by sales, it looks like we might get a sequel, but there's still a big chance we'll be left on this cliffhanger forever. In any case, it took years to make this game, so we'll be stuck on this cliffhanger for a long time if we ever get a second game. I understand it's good to keep the story open for a second game, but when a second game can't be promised and the ending of the game basically tells you nothing changed and you didn't achieve anything, it's not a good ending.
    I agree. The original ME ending was an excellent cliffhanger, and when ME2 was announced I'm pretty sure everyone, including me, was excited to see what happened to Faith and Kate. That is, until we learned that Catalyst was going to be a reboot, and so the rest of Faith and Kate's story was left untold. Although I would still like a sequel for the original game (which is very unlikely), it would be a huge disappointment if a sequel wasn't made for MEC and Faith and Caitlyn's story was left untold again.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
    I agree. The original ME ending was an excellent cliffhanger, and when ME2 was announced I'm pretty sure everyone, including me, was excited to see what happened to Faith and Kate. That is, until we learned that Catalyst was going to be a reboot, and so the rest of Faith and Kate's story was left untold. Although I would still like a sequel for the original game (which is very unlikely), it would be a huge disappointment if a sequel wasn't made for MEC and Faith and Caitlyn's story was left untold again.

i don't think its highly unlikely, i think the game still has potential. EA stated they are happy with how MEC went, so i reckon one day we'll see something new, whether its in a few months, or a few years.

i don't think its highly unlikely, i think the game still has potential. EA stated they are happy with how MEC went, so i reckon one day we'll see something new, whether its in a few months, or a few years.

I'm sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough- that always happens when I'm comparing the two Mirror's Edge games. I think it's unlikely that we'll get a sequel for the first Mirror's Edge (2008) because EA have come out with a reboot already- Mirror's Edge Catalyst. However I think a sequel for MEC is very likely- because like you've mentioned, EA were happy with sales and the game etc, and also because if they didn't do a sequel to resolve the cliffhanger at the end, a lot of fans would be very angry.
    Regardless, I'd be happy with anything in the future that is to do with Mirror's Edge.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.

I'm sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough- that always happens when I'm comparing the two Mirror's Edge games. I think it's unlikely that we'll get a sequel for the first Mirror's Edge (2008) because EA have come out with a reboot already- Mirror's Edge Catalyst. However I think a sequel for MEC is very likely- because like you've mentioned, EA were happy with sales and the game etc, and also because if they didn't do a sequel to resolve the cliffhanger at the end, a lot of fans would be very angry.
    Regardless, I'd be happy with anything in the future that is to do with Mirror's Edge.

Aaaaahhhh, alright i get you now, i completely agree!