/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
My game is no longer receiving keyboard and mouse commands — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

My game is no longer receiving keyboard and mouse commands

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

My game is no longer receiving keyboard and mouse commands

It's the second time I've come to this here on the forum (counting myself). Really, I didn't even see the reply to the OP from the other topic.

He seemed to solve the problem himself, but I also got the same issue: I can't move anywhere or turn around with the mouse in the game. However the keyboard doesn't show any sign of disconnection in the process, as I can Alt + Tab and close the game anytime.

- Already tried repairing the game
- Tried going offline with Origin in order the delete the save files and not to recover the cloud-saved ones, so I could try starting another game. I managed to, but keyboard and mouse still showing no sign of life.
- No, please, don't tell me the genius solution is reinstalling the whole thing... If I ever get a response.

Comments

• I have the same issue.
  • santhi93 wrote: »
    It's the second time I've come to this here on the forum (counting myself). Really, I didn't even see the reply to the OP from the other topic.

He seemed to solve the problem himself, but I also got the same issue: I can't move anywhere or turn around with the mouse in the game. However the keyboard doesn't show any sign of disconnection in the process, as I can Alt + Tab and close the game anytime.

- Already tried repairing the game
    - Tried going offline with Origin in order the delete the save files and not to recover the cloud-saved ones, so I could try starting another game. I managed to, but keyboard and mouse still showing no sign of life.
    - No, please, don't tell me the genius solution is reinstalling the whole thing... If I ever get a response.

Have you managed to solve the issue? I have also a xbox controller. I have unplugged all cables, disabled the controller from device manager. Nothing seems to solve the issue. This didn't happen before.
  • santhi93
    20 posts
    edited October 2016
    Boogie wrote: »
    Have you managed to solve the issue?

I attempted to re-download this big **** folder all over again... When I was playing with the download in progress (the game lets us do it around 46%), the game was ok... Then, once finished, I added the SweetFX + Reshade mod in the folder as I was using it before... I didn't test the full game without it before, but I'm again facing the same issue.

Not sure if it's something to do with the graphics mod or not, but again: there's no response from keyboard and mouse.

Do you use SweetFX? I've been using this for over a month and never had this problem before. Then one day I logged in and faced this.

SOLVED
    (10/06)

I've managed to solve this! I just deleted files named "dxgi.dll" and "dxgi.log" from the Mirror's Edge main folder (Programs (x86)/Origin Games/Mirrors Edge Catalyst) and Faith is back running again.

I'm just not sure if this is a retail file or from the Reshade graphics mod... All I know is that the game is not missing it... Not yet.
    Post edited by santhi93 on
  • santhi93 wrote: »
    Boogie wrote: »
    Have you managed to solve the issue?

I attempted to re-download this big **** folder all over again... When I was playing with the download in progress (the game lets us do it around 46%), the game was ok... Then, once finished, I added the SweetFX + Reshade mod in the folder as I was using it before... I didn't test the full game without it before, but I'm again facing the same issue.

Not sure if it's something to do with the graphics mod or not, but again: there's no response from keyboard and mouse.

Do you use SweetFX? I've been using this for over a month and never had this problem before. Then one day I logged in and faced this.

SOLVED
    (10/06)

I've managed to solve this! I just deleted files named "dxgi.dll" and "dxgi.log" from the Mirror's Edge main folder (Programs (x86)/Origin Games/Mirrors Edge Catalyst) and Faith is back running again.

I'm just not sure if this is a retail file or from the Reshade graphics mod... All I know is that the game is not missing it... Not yet.

You were right! Thanks alot! Wonder how to use the reshade now?
  • I'm not using the SweetFX mods, and I don't have those files yet I'm also experiencing this problem. Reinstalled a number of times, completely removed and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, tried adjusting settings, tried closing GeForce experience, tried deleting saves, etc. I get maybe 5 minutes of play and then my inputs stop working.
  • PainAuxBananes
    1 posts
    edited January 1
    I just want to say that i have the same problem and I KNOW it's because of SweetFX. When i delete all the SweetFX files the game works, but when i install them back, it doesn't.

And BTW removing the "dxgi.dll" and "dxgi.log" won't really fix the problem on itself.... you're just removing the mod lol.

So yeah if anybody has a real fix, please share :neutral:

Finally i found the trick !
    And it's... Turn origin overlay off. That's it.

Enjoy your game with SweetFX !
  • help plz

what is the origin overlay????? i am stuck :neutral:
  • help plz

what is the origin overlay????? i am stuck :neutral:

you can call up origin while being in the game. the same thing as with steam.
  • same times happens here, just alt -f4 and open game again. Thats sucks.