/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
PC Version freezes every few seconds — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

PC Version freezes every few seconds

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

PC Version freezes every few seconds

Hi,

my pc version of this game does not work properly and so far i haven't found a thread of anybody else who is experiencing the same problems.
I run this game on an i5 6500 paired with 16gb of ram and a gtx 1070. Everything is set to hyper and the game runs at a smooth 60fps with vsync. The problem is that the game freezes every 10 seconds or so for 1-2 seconds.
So far i have only found users who were complaining about microstutters/freezes oder slow downs, but not complete freezes like i have just described. The GPU Driver is up tp date an i tried giving the game a high priority in the task manager and also tried medling with the graphics settings. I tried to reinstall the game a few times as well. So far, nothing has worked.
Please help as i desperately want to play this game after years of waiting.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Comments

• the game should run smooth. all i can think of is, that you deselect a graphic option like vsync or even shadows. play around with it and see if it works.
  • Kafar
    11 posts
    edited October 2016
    NoSpin wrote: »
    I haven't found a thread of anybody else who is experiencing the same problems.

You were not looking precisely enough. Both here and on reddit there were threads of the same stuff. I also had it, never fixed it after many hours of various things. Unplayable freezing every few seconds and overall uber low performance

All you can do is to refund
  • i guess it depends on your rig as well. maybe play it not on ultra.
    i have a i7 4790, asus r9 290x, 16gb ram and win 7 64 version. game runs smooth for me on max settings. vsync i have off btw.
  • metalrocks wrote: »
    i guess it depends on your rig as well. maybe play it not on ultra.
    i have a i7 4790, asus r9 290x, 16gb ram and win 7 64 version. game runs smooth for me on max settings. vsync i have off btw.

Hi, thank you for your feedback, but this is not an issue of the perfomance of my rig, since the gtx 1070 is more than capable enough for ultra settings. A GTX1060 can easily sustain a locked 60fps with vsync on ultra and the 1070 is a different beast. As i mentionend, i tried all other settings but the problem remains.
    I guess i will have to play this game on Xbox One in 720p if i want to play this game at all. I tried the ea access demo and of course it worked flawlessly on xbox, but the graphics are just awful to look at... :(
    Kafar wrote: »
    NoSpin wrote: »
    I haven't found a thread of anybody else who is experiencing the same problems.
    All you can do is to refund

I bought the disc version in a store. Is it possible the get a refund from ea through origin, since i have used the origin key? Do you have any expierence regarding this?

Thank you both so far!
  • Have you limited the graphics memory in the options? Not limiting it will fill out up too high esp in hyper. Does it do it with everything on low?
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited October 2016
    Please try the solution posted in this post over at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/mirrorsedge/comments/584j0d/mirrors_edge_catalyst_and_the_cpu_update/
    That guy seemed to have an issue quite similar to yours and managed to fix it.
  • no, you cant refund a disc version. once the key has been activated, no way back. the only games you can refund are digital. but also only after a certain amount of time, which i dont know now but you can find them on EA about their refund policy.
    looks like nvidia cards are having issues with this game. so yes, i would also suggest that what testarff suggested.