/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
New Game option. Is it worth it? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

New Game option. Is it worth it?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

New Game option. Is it worth it?

ImUrFriend
167 posts
edited October 2016
It's 2016 and this amazing video game didn't have a save file slots to save our game progress... What a disappointment. Anyway, I'm almost done collecting every collectibles in the game and about to press that New Game option. Thing is, it also resets everything I've collected in game which is a shame. Would you do it if you've done collecting everything just to play the epic storyline again?
I am Iman.

Comments

• Steveglowplunk
    52 posts
    edited October 2016
    You know...if you're on pc you can make a backup of your current game save first. Then start a new game, finish the story, replace the game save with your backup.
    Actually with this way you can have a sort of "multiple game save slot" function.
  • You can also replay the story missions as well :)
  • it does suck. i also spend a long time collecting everything and then you lose all of it when you want to play a new game? thats something i hope they will fix eventually with a patch, but i dont think this will happen. i also play on pc and your progress is cloud saved on origin but not useful if everything gets overwritten when you start a new game.
    yes, you can replay each mission again, but you wont be able to see the entire story as such like going to dogan and many other cutscenes you will be not seeing anymore.
  • That's what I actually meant like metalrocks said. Replaying the mission starts the mission after the main cutscene. BTW did anybody noticed that there are 3 missions that are NOT replayable in the Mission lists?
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    That's what I actually meant like metalrocks said. Replaying the mission starts the mission after the main cutscene. BTW did anybody noticed that there are 3 missions that are NOT replayable in the Mission lists?

what 3 missions? certainly not the main missions and the side missions are mainly from plastic collecting these **** red spheres in a short time.
    the only parts missing are when you have to find plastic, when icarus creates a path for you with a crane so that you can escape underground after her homes has been raided and talking to isabell. but these are mostly cutscenes.
  • Steveglowplunk
    52 posts
    edited October 2016
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    That's what I actually meant like metalrocks said. Replaying the mission starts the mission after the main cutscene. BTW did anybody noticed that there are 3 missions that are NOT replayable in the Mission lists?

I remember Birdman's dash, Nomad guiding you to destroy your first antenna, and the "Payback" mission where you have to destroy the antenna in the lair.
    Am I correct?
  • metalrocks wrote: »

what 3 missions? certainly not the main missions and the side missions are mainly from plastic collecting these **** red spheres in a short time.
    the only parts missing are when you have to find plastic, when icarus creates a path for you with a crane so that you can escape underground after her homes has been raided and talking to isabell. but these are mostly cutscenes.

I believe the mission you mentioned is called "Sanctuary". It's replayable as a main mission.
  • metalrocks wrote: »

I believe the mission you mentioned is called "Sanctuary". It's replayable as a main mission.

i know this missions is playable but not the part i have mentioned. unless i mix it up with something else since it wasnt a mission i play a lot.
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited October 2016

I remember Birdman's dash, Nomad guiding you to destroy your first antenna, and the "Payback" mission where you have to destroy the antenna in the lair.
    Am I correct?

Yeah and if not mistaken, there's another mission with Birdman where you Dead Drop something to the Automated Beat Package system thing. what was it called?

I am Iman.