/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Review - Promising but that's it. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Review - Promising but that's it.

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Review - Promising but that's it.

I was a major fan of the first Mirror's Edge game. I had waited and waited for a sequel. I was dying for one. One day, I was going to purchase the game on my old PC. Going to purchase on the EA website, I had been notified that a new game was announced. I was so excited. I was overwhelmed. Waiting, and waiting, the E3 2015 gameplay was released. I was so hyped. This looked like a promising experience, a game that would live up to the first game in gameplay and the style. But I was wrong, so, so wrong.
Jumping ahead to 2016, I had pre-ordered and was ready to play. Starting the game, I had expected a better experience than the beta had given to me. Playing the first mission, "Release", I was taken over. Although I had played this mission before in the beta, it seemed, different. I, to this day, still don't know why. Continuing on the story, I noticed it was different from the promises we were given. Where's Nomads and Birdmans scenes?
Where's the "intense gameplay" and "be a catalyst for change" we were given? The story was very, VERY bland. I DON'T mean that as a "funny twitter joke", I mean that. The first game's story was considered a "pile of trash" by some people however yet the second game in the franchise seems to somehow be WORSE than it's predecessor! How, DICE? How! I demand answers. This game is a true disappointment and YOU KNOW IT!
You've abandoned this game, look at the official accounts, their DEAD. The only people who care about these games are the FANS, which, by the looks of it, have been SHREDDED IN AIRPLANE ENGINES!

Major disappointment. Thanks, by the way, mods! I know you'll do something to ruin this thread!
"Should be some scaffolding ahead, try and lose some of the heat in there."

Comments

• As someone said on reddit, this is a rant, not a review.
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited November 2016
    To be honest, it wasn't really a disappointment... it was definitely better then the first game, combat and parkour wise, the story wasn't amazing but it was still good. And they can't abandon it, they've dug themselves into it so far that it'll be hard not to a sequel, because from what I've been reading, fans who actually liked the game, or want to see better, actually want a nee gane. Plus, Dice is busy focusing on battlefield 1 at the moment too.

I truly understand your points, but to be fair its your opinion, you are entitled to a view, but its not a view that everyone has on the game.

This game isn't truely a disappointment, to you maybe, but not to all, Dice had a red hot go, and even if they haven't cracked the code for the mirrors edge franchise, eventually, in good time, they will find a way...
  • Uh, fair review, but... what do you mean 'shredded in airplane engines'?