/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Superresolution Screenshot — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Superresolution Screenshot

Hi!

I need to take a screenshot of MEC in a higher Resolution (at least 4k) but my standart resolution is 1920x1080. I managed to do this in The Witcher III but I couldn`t find the option in nvidia Ansel in MEC.

Does anyone have an idea how I can do that?

Comments

• Not too experienced with Ansel, but if you go to your Video Options, there's a slider caller Resolution Scale which you can turn up to 2.00
    If you do that, 1920x1080 effectively becomes 3840x2160 (so, 4K).
    So if you do that before using Ansel, it might work.
  • Thanks for the reply. I tried your method but it didn`t work so well. I need this Screenshot for a poster and even with the highest resolution scale it came out pixelated
  • Thanks for the reply. I tried your method but it didn`t work so well. I need this Screenshot for a poster and even with the highest resolution scale it came out pixelated

Well, it depends on how high you need the resolution to be on the poster. I guess you're using an Nvidia graphics card since you were talking about Ansel. In that case, you could go to your Nvidia Control Panel and add a custom resolution that's much higher than your monitor supports, and set the game to that resolution while taking the screenshot. Obviously, it will cause the game to lag.

The resolution scale slider at 2 will still render your screenshot in the resolution you've chosen in game options, but the internal resolution will be twice as high meaning that it will downscale for example a 4K resolution to 1080p which produces a smoother 1080p image, kind of like anti aliasing.