/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Controller customization missing. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Controller customization missing.

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Controller customization missing.

I play left handed, like a lot of people, I should think. Why are the controls hostile to that? A lot of the game requires simultaneous use of the movement stick and the Y and X buttons, but for a left-handed person, the right thumb is occupied with the movement stick, making it extremely awkward to perform all but the most basic combat moves. Why not give the player the option to assign the directional pad the functions of the face buttons?

Are none of the people who made this game aware of the fact that not everyone is exactly the same? Very disappointing. Like every game ever made, this one should have fully customizable controls. Like almost every game ever made, this omission makes it unfinished.

Pretty graphics, though.

Comments

• ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited November 2016
    I agree with your statement. There's like only 3 options for the controller settings and I found out that it is slightly different than I'm used to playing the original Mirror's Edge. Heck, even the older game has options for us to manually input buttons for each actions and movements! Once again, DICE pls..
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    I agree with your statement. There's like only 3 options for the controller settings and I found out that it is slightly different than I'm used to playing the original Mirror's Edge. Heck, even the older game has options for us to manually input buttons for each actions and movements! Once again, DICE pls..

Thank you. Weren't the combat buttons mapped to the right index finger on the original? I haven't played it in a while, but I can only remember using a face button for help figuring out in which direction I am to go. B, I think. Maybe A was used to activate elevators?

Anyway, the added complexity of the core systems is potentially pretty cool, but not when at least ten percent of the users are forced to awkwardly conform.

I'm glad I tried this with a temporary Origin Access membership, because it is clear this is not a game that deserves to be bought.
  • Well if you really like exploring and beat the time in Dash leaderboards, it's a great game to play. Right now I've had 145 hours of gameplay since 24th August. Had so much good time in it, but sooner when there are still no updates, or DLCs coming out, it's quickly becoming boring.
    I am Iman.