/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Too many UGCs? What.. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Too many UGCs? What..

So far I only have like 6 UGCs including Time Trials and Beat L.E. Whenever I wanted to place more Beats it keeps saying I've reach the max limit of UGC contents. The last time I got this message is when I have like more than 15 UGCs. Because of this I have to remove most of my great Beat L.Es! How many UGCs is allowed actually?
I am Iman.

Comments

• You can have a maximum of 10 "published" UGCs (which means random players can see those challenges). You can actually make your unwanted UGCs unlisted rather than deleting them so that they don't count in the limit. But unlisted challenges can only be seen by your friends on Origin.
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited November 2016
    The total limit for listed AND unlisted UGC is 100, so you can have 10 listed and 90 unlisted, or 0 listed and 100 unlisted, etc. if you want to. The game has a glitch though. If you have 100 when you start up the game and delete one in order to place a new one, you won't be able to do it until you restarted the game again after deleting one UGC.
  • I see.. How come they didn't mention any of this? ugh.. anyway, thanks alot folks. I didn't know that Unlisted UGCs is also searchable by my friends. Also, is the web browser the only way to rename my UGCs? This is a hassle tho, we need an update for this.
    I am Iman.
  • You can rename your UGCs on the website and the mobile app. But not in the game itself though, interesting.
  • i did place a bunch of them my self but looks like no one really cared for them. but certainly interesting to know that you cant change them ingame. always going to the site is a bit of a hassle if you are really in to it.
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited November 2016
    But unlisted challenges can only be seen by your friends on Origin.

Really? I don't think they are. To my knowledge, you need to share the direct link to an unlisted UGC for anyone to see it, friend or not. I sure haven't been able to find any unlisted UGC from any of my friends without them linking it to me first.
    metalrocks wrote: »
    i did place a bunch of them my self but looks like no one really cared for them. but certainly interesting to know that you cant change them ingame. always going to the site is a bit of a hassle if you are really in to it.

New UGC don't really get much exposure to the public until they have a couple of entries by other players, so make sure to share them with friends and in Beat LE/Time Trial sharing forum threads so you get some recorded entries/times on them, that will cause them to show up in everyone's world. The system automatically filters less popular UGC to prevent flooding of everyone's world.
  • metalrocks wrote:
    no one really cared for them.
    Be patient buddy. I got a few names registered in my L.Es.. that took like about a month until someone has found mine. :) Be sure to place it in one of difficult to reach places..

I am Iman.
  • oh, one i know no one will find. woohahahaha. the rest i have placed at some easy spots, and some i have placed at some harder places.
    its not that im heartbroken or something just a tiny bit disappointed that no one touches them. especially ones i have placed at not so simple places.