/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
We need mods! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

We need mods!

I can't help but think how in a lot of situations, mods would make the game a lot better. They would increase its lifetime tenfold, since there would be a lot of new content for us to experience. I understand that there might be limitations in some cases, but mods that add or change sounds in the game, alter animations or add new side quests in the world that's already there, that has to be manageable. Besides that, since the game hasn't been getting any attention from the devs up to this point, an unofficial patch like the ones in Skyrim would be fantastic.

Comments

• Totally agree! It would be great if we could get mod support, I would never stop playing this game tbh
  • But would people go out of their way to make mods for this game is the real question. Do you two create mods?
  • Mods requires developers' tool (SDK) and / or source code to be of real use.
    No game running on frostbite latest engine has released any of that.
    EA keep a very close control on their licensed engine and doesn't wish other companies might accidentally take a deep look at how it was coded and how things work (like lightning, amb occlusion, shadders, etc.)

There's little hope for mods beside a very generic approach to trick some values (like the possibility to change the daytime).
    Beside that, I wouldn't expect much, the game is as it is.
  • Well, hopefully we get a third mirrors edge :(
  • But would people go out of their way to make mods for this game is the real question. Do you two create mods?

I personally don't but I definitely would if I had the tools. I want to be a game dev some day, I just wish I was in DICE right now so I could work on MEC in my spare time.
  • I'm sure we'll get one. The first game flopped and they still managed to pull out a sequel. This game met the expectation of EA so there's no reason why we wouldn't get a third Mirror's Edge. Plus EA and Dice are really cashing in from Star Wars and Battlefield. There's no way we won't get another one. But we may have to wait 4 years (still better than 8).
  • I'm sure we'll get one. The first game flopped and they still managed to pull out a sequel. This game met the expectation of EA so there's no reason why we wouldn't get a third Mirror's Edge. Plus EA and Dice are really cashing in from Star Wars and Battlefield. There's no way we won't get another one. But we may have to wait 4 years (still better than 8).

lol the first one didn't flop that bad. It got many great reviews about it. Not many harsh critics on that game, and most of them say the same thing which is the storyline itself that needs more polishing.
    I am Iman.
  • What they really wanted was to try to push the game for 4th gen console and Frostbites latest engine which is why it took quite some time. I'm convinced we'll see a third one announce something around next year and release the year after 2019 or 2020.