/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Can somebody explain the ending to me? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Can somebody explain the ending to me?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Can somebody explain the ending to me?

I don't really get what exactly happened to this Reflection thing, let alone what it really was.

What I understood (correct me if I'm wrong):
  • If you inject "Reflection", then body and mind properties (like overall health) can be tracked from remote
  •  Not even tracked, the conglomerate can also (probably limited) influence body and mind of those "infected" with Reflection
  •  So, on top of that tall building, there is some computer. Faith plugs in a USB drive that somehow infects this computer
  •  Apparently, this permanently disables Reflection on all those who got it.

Is this correct? If yes, how is it disabled? Just by infecting some rather random computer with a virus? Or did it send out some kind of signal that destroyed the ability of Reflection to "connect" to whatever devices were meant to control Reflection-people?

If yes, what stops the conglomerate from just doing it a second time? The news clips on TV screens suggest this. Moreover, why would they even admit to the public that Reflection is disabled?