/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
new easter egg — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

new easter egg

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but on the "glass daily news" Aurore talks about a sports team called the "Hale City Hounds" (HCH)

C3WzBfxVMAA1pU4.jpg:large

and guess what? It's the pirandello kruger logo from the original mirror's edge!

C3WzE_YVYAADsd1.jpg

sticker,375x360.u1.png

How neat!

Comments

• +25 Spot Assist
    You got a vision of an eagle! How come I didn't spot this one? Good spotting bro!
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    +25 Spot Assist
    You got a vision of an eagle! How come I didn't spot this one? Good spotting bro!

Thanks!
  • That's awesome. I'm going to keep a lookout for more easter eggs
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited February 21
    Easter Eggs in this game is very generic and pretty easy to identify where it came from.
    The easiest one is the numbers on the relay box before you pull the chip out.
    1942_mec.jpg
    Yep, it's says "1942". Battlefield alright...
    I am Iman.
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited February 23
    Great find :)

Here's some more trivia for you: That logo was actually inspired by a Swedish TV star's tattoo: tv-produktion_Galdiatorerna_Hero_Bodesand_Produktion2.jpg

He is known as "Hero" from the show "Gladiatorerna" (which means "The Gladiators")
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited February 23
    testarff wrote: »

He is known as "Hero" from the show "Gladiatorerna" (which means "The Gladiators")

Is that Ropeburn?
    XD
    I am Iman.
  • Another Easter Egg. I actually knew this after the game was out, but forgot to mention it. A quite unique and nostalgic one. I'm pretty sure that many of you have played mission No. 6, Benefactor.mirrors-edge-catalyst-mission-6-4.jpg
    In that mission, you are required to climb up the building and release the "Crazy huge Pendulum" as mentioned by Faith. This mission has no combat actions as it's meant for puzzle solving.

Now here's interesting. In 1994, Digital Illusions, (Now it's EADICE) have made a puzzle based game for Commodore Amiga where it too have a lead character, and lots of obstacles. The lead character was named Ben. E Factor. And guess what's the title for the game?
    Benefactor.jpg
    Benefactor
    Yup, the game also has a great music during that time, and challenging puzzles. Name coincidence? Or similar gameplays in both games?
    I am Iman.
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited February 24
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    testarff wrote: »

Is that Ropeburn?
    XD

Good point, perhaps he was the inspiration for more than just the logo.
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Another Easter Egg. I actually knew this after the game was out, but forgot to mention it. A quite unique and nostalgic one. I'm pretty sure that many of you have played mission No. 6, Benefactor.mirrors-edge-catalyst-mission-6-4.jpg
    In that mission, you are required to climb up the building and release the "Crazy huge Pendulum" as mentioned by Faith. This mission has no combat actions as it's meant for puzzle solving.

Now here's interesting. In 1994, Digital Illusions, (Now it's EADICE) have made a puzzle based game for Commodore Amiga where it too have a lead character, and lots of obstacles. The lead character was named Ben. E Factor. And guess what's the title for the game?
    Benefactor.jpg
    Benefactor
    Yup, the game also has a great music during that time, and challenging puzzles. Name coincidence? Or similar gameplays in both games?

It's not a coincidence, it is indeed a reference to that game. It's not the first time DICE does it either, you'll find the name Benefactor here and there in some of their previous games too.
  • Wow, DICE. I like these little homages.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.