/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Best game I've played in years! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Best game I've played in years!

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Best game I've played in years!

I love this game. I played the campaign 4 time & collected ever Griid Leak in Glass. But theres something missing...'I'm not gonna rant about Muliplayer'. What is it that runners do exacly? The only few runners I've seen are the ones you meet thru the story, doing nothing, stading, if your lucky you mite get to see someone trying to wall run. But thats not fun! I wanna see runner running around the city, it'll be cool to see a runner jumping off a roof top while I'm doing a Time Trail. Can't help but think that Faith is the only runner who acctualy does something. Unlike Icarus who sits in Zephyr, Nomad who stairs at a TV, Birdman & Plastic are excused, Birdman's too old anyway. Theres so much left to do with this games, so much to add, the posibilities are endless! I won't throw too much in your faced, I'm not a game dev so I don't know what it take to add things into games, especially in a game like Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Anyway, love the game, keep it up and yea... <3

Comments

• This game should definitely be able to have multiplayer. It says on the map legend that its supposed to have multiple players. What's with that?
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited February 23
    Booster wrote: »
    This game should definitely be able to have multiplayer. It says on the map legend that its supposed to have multiple players. What's with that?

You can see where your friends are on the map, but you cannot see them in the world. It has asynchronous multiplayer (such as the leaderboards, which let you race against other players best times), not real-time multiplayer.
  • synkwhole
    2 posts
    edited February 25
    I've never seen anyone in this game either. I have over 20 hours in it. I would really like to see a multiplayer need for speed/track mania nations race mode, which would include long races through the city with some sort of walls that would block off some of the other areas to keep people on a set track. I still love running around the city but, it would be more enjoyable to race through it with other players in real time. the asynchronous multiplayer that testaraff mentioned isn't doing it for me.
    p.s. some form of tag/hide and seek would be amazing.
    Post edited by synkwhole on
  • synkwhole wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone in this game either. I have over 20 hours in it. I would really like to see a multiplayer need for speed/track mania nations race mode, which would include long races through the city with some sort of walls that would block off some of the other areas to keep people on a set track. I still love running around the city but, it would be more enjoyable to race through it with other players in real time. the asynchronous multiplayer that testaraff mentioned isn't doing it for me.
    p.s. some form of tag/hide and seek would be amazing.

Like a mass time trial for loads of runners all at once? That would definitely be fun.
    As for the other runners in the story, I'm pretty sure there's one diversion mission where there's a cutscene of Faith helping out another runner and doing a diversion with her. And you also encounter them in Intervention missions too.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.