/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Mirror's edge w/o kruger sec — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Mirror's edge w/o kruger sec

I have completed the game and would like to be able to run w/o Kruger sec. I saw this Catalyst Runner Kit Bundle for 3.99 and it says "run free". Does this mean that Kruger Sec. will not be out and about anymore? Thanks, for any responses; if you have any other suggestions that would be great!

Comments

• testarff
    73 posts
    edited February 25
    synkwhole wrote: »
    I have completed the game and would like to be able to run w/o Kruger sec. I saw this Catalyst Runner Kit Bundle for 3.99 and it says "run free". Does this mean that Kruger Sec. will not be out and about anymore? Thanks, for any responses; if you have any other suggestions that would be great!

No, that bundle only gives you more ways to customize your Runner's tag for hacked billboards and your echo (seen by other players when watching your highscore on a time trial).

What you can do however, is to bring up Time Trial creation and place one checkpoint. As long as you're in that mode, KSec cannot spawn. Unfortunately the HUD for the Time Trial creation will always be visible, but if you're playing on PC you can open the command console and input "UI.DrawEnable 0" to hide it. Input "UI.DrawEnable 1" again when you're done to bring the UI back.
    It's not the intended way of doing things, but at least it does its job.

Another way (especially if you're playing on console) is to place one checkpoint and exit back out of Time Trial creation, that will "delete" all the KrugerSec close to you (unless they spotted you first, then you cannot enter Time Trial creation until you're out of combat mode again, which is when your health bar turns red). This one is only a temporary solution though, KSec can spawn again later but you can always "delete" them again with the same trick.
  • Thank you very much, Testarff. I am going to play around with that tonight.