/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Anyone else think the story was amazing? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Anyone else think the story was amazing?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Anyone else think the story was amazing?

I'm a pretty tough guy to get to relate to a game's character, but Faith is one of the few characters that I like amongst thousands and thousands of games. I thought the story and how it was presented was also amazingly done, although some reviews out there disagree with me. What's your guys' opinion on the story and the character, Faith?

Comments

• testarff
    73 posts
    edited February 25
    Yeah, for sure. I liked the story of the first game and I liked this one too. Of course I didn't expect it to be super serious or anything, maybe that would've been nice too but I think the way they did it fit this style of game.
    I think the gameplay is more important but the story is a fun nice addition to the experience. I wouldn't call the story perfect, it wasn't everything I expected it to be, but I did enjoy it and it had a lot of unexpected things in it. I also really liked some of the characters (mainly Dogen and Plastic).
  • MEC's story was more dynamic and had more twists than ME. At one point it became a little confusing but the storylines of both games were never perfect to begin with anyway. Dogen and Plastic are definitely two of the more interesting personalities in MEC.
    As for Faith, I'm torn between her character in ME and her reboot in MEC. In ME she has a grounded persona which is a breath of fresh air, whereas in MEC she's your typical, rebellious teenager. On the other hand, in ME you don't really see her development as an individual, because at the age of 24 she's already gone through major personal changes, and the story is more about her achieving a goal than discovering herself. Whereas in MEC, you get to experience Faith's mistakes and the way she grows and learns from those mistakes. It's just as much about her personal journey as it is about the main plot.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.