/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Soundtrack changes after finishing the game? :( — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Soundtrack changes after finishing the game? :(

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Soundtrack changes after finishing the game? :(

ChrisShepard95
0 posts
edited February 26
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has the same issue that the soundtrack changes ingame after finishing the game. I loved the soundtrack during the whole game while running around, collecting stuff and doing dashes etc., but after the final mission is completed and you go back to free roam, every district has other ambient music playing.
Is this a bug or is it meant to be? Does somebody know how to fix this "problem"? :(

Thx! Have a nice day, runners! :)

Comments

• It's not a bug. The soundtrack consists of three acts, for each third of the story. When you finish the game, it will revert back to the music from the first act indefinitely.

Personally, I think it should've played a mix of all three after completing the story, but at least you can start a new save file again...
  • Yes, I think the three different acts are called Ambience, Puzzle and Combat.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • Yes, I think the three different acts are called Ambience, Puzzle and Combat.

No, those aren't the acts. An act is like an episode. There are for example three separate ambience pieces of music for Downtown Free Roaming, one per act.

The first act music is used in the first third of the story, the second act music is used in the second third of the story and so on.
  • testarff wrote: »
    Yes, I think the three different acts are called Ambience, Puzzle and Combat.

No, those aren't the acts. An act is like an episode. There are for example three separate ambience pieces of music for Downtown Free Roaming, one per act.

The first act music is used in the first third of the story, the second act music is used in the second third of the story and so on.

Ah, apologies for my mistake. Your explanation seems correct. Thank you!
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.