/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
What happened to Mirror's Edge TV show? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

What happened to Mirror's Edge TV show?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

What happened to Mirror's Edge TV show?

I remember EA announced that they're going to have a partner with Amazon or something to make Mirror's Edge into a TV show. Saw the news on Steam. What's going on now? No news?
I am Iman.

Comments

• Steveglowplunk
    52 posts
    edited February 28
    Maybe the project is dead now just like the game itself :'(
  • A Life Is Strange show was announced too and there hasn't been any news on that either so don't lose hope :smile:
  • I'm not really looking forward to the TV show. Got a feeling that it won't be good.. at all. Better scrap it, and focus on the game itself. DLC or sequel.
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    I'm not really looking forward to the TV show. Got a feeling that it won't be good.. at all. Better scrap it, and focus on the game itself. DLC or sequel.

Well, it won't be made by the same people who build the game obviously, so I'm sure they can fully focus on both simultaneously. Also, considering Catalyst didn't receive any advertising, I can't see how a little more publicity could be anything but great at this point.
  • It seems possible, lot of people talking about it in french press
  • With a TV show, they could fully take advantage of subplots, other cities and minor characters, such as Avani and Celeste in Aurora, or Rebecca's backstory etc.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • The rights to make a TV show was bought by Endemol Shine Studios. That doesn't necessarily mean that a show will be made, but that it's a possbility.
  • Steamfox wrote: »
    The rights to make a TV show was bought by Endemol Shine Studios. That doesn't necessarily mean that a show will be made, but that it's a possbility.

Are they famous? heh
    I am Iman.