/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
MEC directx error — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

MEC directx error

Good evening.
I bought a few days ago "Mirror's Edge Catalyst", after having played for about twenty minutes, the game has crashed. Now the game crash at the start every time.
I already tried to updating the video card driver, but, being dated, it is no longer updated.

I tried to follow this step: https://help.ea.com/it-it/help/mirrors-edge/mirror-s-edge-catalyst/troubleshoot-mirrors-edge-catalyst-issues/

I tried clean boot and also the "game repair".

I also tried to delete the data folder "Mirror's Edge Catalyst" present in "documents" and this step has given me the same twenty minutes of play and then crash again.
I do not know what to do.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

Error:
ie2zc7.jpg

Specs:
i1fg9w.png
k4wdq9.png

Comments

• testarff
    73 posts
    edited March 23
    Have you tried reinstalling/repairing DirectX?
  • Sometimes the Origin cloud data is messing the save file. I had problems in the beginning too, and it throws me some errors. Then I tried deleting origin save files. Somehow the game plays normally. Or even try playing the game in offline first.
    I am Iman.
  • Coryn93
    2 posts
    edited March 23
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Sometimes the Origin cloud data is messing the save file. I had problems in the beginning too, and it throws me some errors. Then I tried deleting origin save files. Somehow the game plays normally. Or even try playing the game in offline first.

I tried to play offline ... I do not know how it worked, but I can play without problems.
    Thank you

Edit:

It was working .. I closed the game, I have re-opened and it crashed again with the same error
  • Coryn93
    2 posts
    edited March 23
    testarff wrote: »

Unfortunately I do not know how to do this. I searched in internet many guides but nothing .. Probably I'm wrong
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited March 23
    Coryn93 wrote: »
    testarff wrote: »

Unfortunately I do not know how to do this. I searched in internet many guides but nothing .. Probably I'm wrong

Try downloading this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 (be sure to uncheck all the **** offers and press "No thank you" before starting the download, otherwise you will get a bunch of other unrelated **** with the download).

When you run the program, it will ask you to extract the files to a path of your choice. Create a new folder, for example on your desktop, and choose that one. Then go into that new folder after you've extracted and run DXSETUP.EXE
  • ^
    ^
    ^
    Try what testarff said first. :) Should be fine.
    If it still didn't work, Uncheck the "Enable Cloud Data" for this game before launching it. Play the game for a while, and then Check it back. When Origin got confused by your data conflict, use your local data to overwrite the Cloud data.
    I am Iman.