/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Think we'll see Mirror's Edge at E3 2017? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Think we'll see Mirror's Edge at E3 2017?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Think we'll see Mirror's Edge at E3 2017?

Just wondering if anything will be revealed/shown for Mirror's Edge at E3 this year, I'm hoping for some DLC content that continues the story and opens up the city some more, maybe add some more side content, possibly even more detail into the city. Perhaps employs on rooftops could possibly do something other than stand in one spot? Probably not, but crossing my fingers for some new content, it's been a while since the release, I think it's about time.

Comments

• I'm feeling pretty hopeful, especially because we know from interviews with the narrative director and voice actors that DLC was planned, and there was planned "post-release support". We also know that EA said a sequel would be "up to the fans" and that MEC met their sales expectations. Whereas for Mass Effect Andromeda, EA publicly said they were putting the franchise on hold and scaling down the studio. The last thing we heard from Mirror's Edge was on the 30th of September, so I'm hoping Mirror's Edge will be one of EA's "surprises" at E3 this year :smiley:
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited June 6
    i hope so too, E3 starts on the
    I'm feeling pretty hopeful, especially because we know from interviews with the narrative director and voice actors that DLC was planned, and there was planned "post-release support". We also know that EA said a sequel would be "up to the fans" and that MEC met their sales expectations. Whereas for Mass Effect Andromeda, EA publicly said they were putting the franchise on hold and scaling down the studio. The last thing we heard from Mirror's Edge was on the 30th of September, so I'm hoping Mirror's Edge will be one of EA's "surprises" at E3 this year :smiley:

What did they recall about mirrors edge on the 30th of September?? I can't seem to remember anything...
  • i hope so too, E3 starts on the
    I'm feeling pretty hopeful, especially because we know from interviews with the narrative director and voice actors that DLC was planned, and there was planned "post-release support". We also know that EA said a sequel would be "up to the fans" and that MEC met their sales expectations. Whereas for Mass Effect Andromeda, EA publicly said they were putting the franchise on hold and scaling down the studio. The last thing we heard from Mirror's Edge was on the 30th of September, so I'm hoping Mirror's Edge will be one of EA's "surprises" at E3 this year :smiley:

What did they recall about mirrors edge on the 30th of September?? I can't seem to remember anything...

Nothing new, that was just the last time they posted anything on the social media pages :'(
  • Aww guys and girls. I'm sure they'll come up something new soon.
    Patience is a virtue. -Birdman
    I am Iman.
  • Rassatu
    28 posts
    edited June 6
    I am not sure but really hope to see a news about dlc . Also, ıf we're not gonna get any news this year, we're gonna get %100 next year, ı think.
    " Once this city used to pulse with energy; dirty and dangerous but alive and wonderful. Now, it is something else. "

• Hey everyone, loving the enthusiasm here! :-) I wasn't expecting much more from this franchise in any capacity but coming here has given me some hope they maybe it isn't dead. I still enjoyed this game immensely, I just found there's less to do when most of the fun objectives were said and done (the only thing I have to do left is collect all audio logs and one other collectable) and the story was a letdown because of how vocal the devs were about it during their marketing campaign.

I wish something gets announced at E3. This franchise has so much potential, and most of the leg-work (no pun intended :p) is done: the gameplay is excellent! Just make some more maps (maybe in the style as mirror's edge 1?) as standalone time trials and I'm in! Some games that I've played post-ME:C that I think evoke the spirit of the game is Lemma (on steam) and Ninja Pizza Girl (on many platforms) both are stronger than ME:C in some regards like story but ME:C gameplay is still king and so satisfying.

Let's hope EA does more with this IP, I've been under the impression as of late that they're more focused on external licenses like Star Wars than anything else, hope this isn't the case. But hey, we live in a world where Shenmue 3 is happening; it can happen! :-)

(Some key dev's did leave though like Erik Odeldahl, hope that doesn't impact their chances).

C'mon EA, we understand that sports and star wars licenses is an important part of your portfolio, but your own IP's matter too and big or small, we'd be thankful of any recognition or support they'd get. A small scale downloadable title using many of the engine/gameplay assets of ME:C would be huge, hopefully they can see the value in that and building their community, it's unfortunate if DICE's scope is narrowed down to Battlefield/Battlefront games only...
  • Flagship wrote: »
    C'mon EA, we understand that sports and star wars licenses is an important part of your portfolio, but your own IP's matter too and big or small, we'd be thankful of any recognition or support they'd get. A small scale downloadable title using many of the engine/gameplay assets of ME:C would be huge, hopefully they can see the value in that and building their community, it's unfortunate if DICE's scope is narrowed down to Battlefield/Battlefront games only...

Aside from Mirror's Edge or Battlefield, I actually missed the days where they made Rally racing games.
    I've played a few of em and they were great at that time! I was kinda hoping that one day they'd bring back their Racing video game and not just hoping on Ghost games with Need For Speed.

I am Iman.
  • I'd be cool with a story expansion, although most of the story missions were kind meh to be honest. This game doesn't need more: it need better.
    I mean, ME1 had wonderful levels, but also a very strong ludonarrative dissonance (you were supposed to be a runner, but more often than not on the first playthrough you were forced to stop and look for the actual way to go) and it was designed with the assumption that players would eventually go back to those levels and master them.
    but now, replayability is not a thing anymore , gamers don't want to git gud at a game, so for MEC they made this giant openworld full of things to do and designed the main story maps with the "faith is a runner, let's just make her run and not give her a reason to stop" , problem is by doing so the story missions ended up being a "just run straight ahead" fest and ultimately the easiest part of the game.

so yeah my expectations are kinda low on that regard.
  • They built a huge wonderful open world, but a not-very-long campaign and the DLC is just runner packs. New game or not at E3, they should release DLC missions. It's kind of a shame, and odd that EA didn't release DLC in these circumstances.
  • They built a huge wonderful open world, but a not-very-long campaign and the DLC is just runner packs. New game or not at E3, they should release DLC missions. It's kind of a shame, and odd that EA didn't release DLC in these circumstances.

Maybe they planned but wanted to change something after the reviews, thats why they've been so quiet or they've never had the time to create a DLC because of their other games, but now they can focuse on ME, in my opinion. Tomorrow is the day, let's just see.
    " Once this city used to pulse with energy; dirty and dangerous but alive and wonderful. Now, it is something else. "

• Rassatu wrote: »
    They built a huge wonderful open world, but a not-very-long campaign and the DLC is just runner packs. New game or not at E3, they should release DLC missions. It's kind of a shame, and odd that EA didn't release DLC in these circumstances.

Maybe they planned but wanted to change something after the reviews, thats why they've been so quiet or they've never had the time to create a DLC because of their other games, but now they can focuse on ME, in my opinion. Tomorrow is the day, let's just see.

i am particularly going to keep my eyes out for something mirrors edge related, i am hoping so much that they announce something, because in reality that would be absolutely awesome to have more mirrors edge...