/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Stuttering still exists? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Stuttering still exists?

Just started playing the game after recently playing the first, and love it. However, I've noticed that there is an issue with stuttering, short freezes in the game every 5-10 seconds or so, lasting half a second to about 5 seconds at a time. More so recently on The Benefactor mission, than during other daylight missions. I'm running a current system with a 7700-K on a Z270 mobo, with a Strix 1080Ti. Origin is on a Samsung 960 Evo NVME and the game is on a Seagate 2TB, Sata 3, 6 Gb/s, 5400rpm, 128MB Cache drive. Needless to say, barring MAYBE the HDD, there shouldn't be any hardware bottlenecks. The game is running at 1080P 60hz (maybe only 30)

I researched the issue a bit and found that stuttering was an issue at around launch, and would find it hard to believe that the issue has yet to be fixed. I've tried all the possible fixes listed from changing priority and graphics settings, closing other programs, and even defragging my drive, with no luck.

Does anyone have a solution for this? It's gotten to a point that it is unplayable at times.

Comments

• besides new drivers for your GPU, or making some graphic adjustments in the game, thats all i can think of at this stage.
  • GunnerTaft wrote: »
    Just started playing the game after recently playing the first, and love it. However, I've noticed that there is an issue with stuttering, short freezes in the game every 5-10 seconds or so, lasting half a second to about 5 seconds at a time. More so recently on The Benefactor mission, than during other daylight missions. I'm running a current system with a 7700-K on a Z270 mobo, with a Strix 1080Ti. Origin is on a Samsung 960 Evo NVME and the game is on a Seagate 2TB, Sata 3, 6 Gb/s, 5400rpm, 128MB Cache drive. Needless to say, barring MAYBE the HDD, there shouldn't be any hardware bottlenecks. The game is running at 1080P 60hz (maybe only 30)

I researched the issue a bit and found that stuttering was an issue at around launch, and would find it hard to believe that the issue has yet to be fixed. I've tried all the possible fixes listed from changing priority and graphics settings, closing other programs, and even defragging my drive, with no luck.

Does anyone have a solution for this? It's gotten to a point that it is unplayable at times.

just simply either close your game, open your game and continue or reload the last checkpoint