/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
cant download beta — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

cant download beta

I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution for this despite finding at least three instances of this happening to others.
Yesterday I got my code and activated it on my xbox. Xbox says it worked and I now own the beta. Yay. However...no download was initiated. There is no way for me to access the beta. I tried using the code again but get a message saying it's already active. What can I do? Should I use the extra friend code?

Comments

• Log into Origins App. Go to "My Games" and look for the Mirror's Edge Catalyst picture. Hover the pointer over the picture and a popup window should appear. Slide the pointer over and initiate the download.

Sorry, I am running it on my PC so I don't know how the Xbox interface works on the Origin app.

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit
    Member, The Older Gamers (TOG)
  • Yeaaaaa.... completely different on XBox. Save your comments and recommendations for PC users. Thanks.
    Dolnor wrote: »
    Log into Origins App. Go to "My Games" and look for the Mirror's Edge Catalyst picture. Hover the pointer over the picture and a popup window should appear. Slide the pointer over and initiate the download.

Sorry, I am running it on my PC so I don't know how the Xbox interface works on the Origin app.

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit

• Try looking under the ready to install portion. That's where I found mine at least.
  • It wont download for me (im on PC)
  • I just had the same exact issue I cant find the download anywhere but it accepted the code :( Help!
  • So i just figured mine out, it didn't auto download or go in my que
    i had to go to my games and apps go to just the games tab and scroll way over to the right keep scrolling you will see ready to install list of games, it should be there first one in the list! hope that helps!
    K3Z89 wrote: »
    I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution for this despite finding at least three instances of this happening to others.
    Yesterday I got my code and activated it on my xbox. Xbox says it worked and I now own the beta. Yay. However...no download was initiated. There is no way for me to access the beta. I tried using the code again but get a message saying it's already active. What can I do? Should I use the extra friend code?
  • K3Z89 wrote: »
    Yesterday I got my code and activated it on my xbox. Xbox says it worked and I now own the beta.

You don't own Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta. You're just testing it to find game errors that the developers may have missed and give feedback from playing the game.
    I'm already too late for this, but I'll still say this anyways: Once the Closed Beta session is over, the game won't work anymore. That means the Beta files are now useless and only serve as souvenirs from participating in the Closed Beta.