/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
A tip about Time Trials — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

A tip about Time Trials

In the leaderboards for Time Trials, you can select whom to race against. Use the D-pad (or arrow-keys on PC) to select an entry on the leaderboard you want to race against.

This selects both what echo you will see, and whose time and split times you will see.

If you don't select anyone you will per default race against your own best time and echo, or if you haven't yet played the Time Trial, the best time on the leaderboard.

Comments

• I was trying to do this earlier.... I'll try again later.

However I noticed it only does this for user generated ones and not the official ones.... unless I missed something.
  • Yes, this only works for the user generated ones (Time Trials). For the official ones (Dashes) there are no replays, and you always run against your own time.

There are no replays on dashes since that would spoil the fastest path, which is half the challenge.
  • While I agree that it may spoil the fun for some, I think being able to see replay's is hugely important. Maybe only let people see them after they get a three star run because some people have insane times that I have no idea how to beat yet. Being able to see their runs keeps people accountable if they hack or glitch since you can see how they did it.
  • I must be mega dumb. How do you watch others ghosts? Do they work on dashes? Playing on Xbox One.
  • I must be mega dumb. How do you watch others ghosts? Do they work on dashes? Playing on Xbox One.

Nvm. So you can watch echoes on time trials, but not dashes. That way confuses me for awhile there.