/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Question for AMD GPU users with cards HD 6*** and older — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Question for AMD GPU users with cards HD 6*** and older

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Question for AMD GPU users with cards HD 6*** and older

Were you able to launch MEC?

Comments

• Were you able to launch MEC?
  • I'm running an AMD HD6870 and can't play the game. The application launches and I get to see some of the fun little lines of text (ex. "If you see a rat the size of a car then your playing the wrong game"), but eventually I get an error saying my video card driver crashed and recovered. At that point the only thing I can do is force quit the game using Task Manager.

System Specs:
    Intel Core i7-6700
    Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming7 MB
    16GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB w/ Crimson 16.2.1 Beta driver
    Window 10 64-bit
    Origin and game installed on 2nd hard drive
  • This sort of works but my game still crashes now and then. At least I got past tutorial.
    mrdroonix wrote: »
    To all who have problems with DirectX crash error
    mrdroonix wrote: »
    Try to paste this settings (http://pastebin.com/raw/qnTmwYNB) to this file: C:\Users\Your-user-name\Documents\Mirrors Edge Catalyst Closed Beta\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile

It helped me and now I can play.

• AMD/ATI stopped mainline support for anything older than the R9 2XX series video cards. The only thing you got with Crimson is a new version of Catalyst Control Center. The Legacy Drivers do ok, but they are not up to running this game.
  • Dolnor
    19 posts
    edited April 2016
    Yes, I tried the game with a older system and it worked in LOW graphic settings.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz x8 ~3401MHz
    BIOS Date: 10/17/11 11:18:49 Ver: 04.06.04
    8192MB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6770 Series - 1.00 GB (This is basically an HD5770 with 1gb DDR5 ram)
    1680 x 1050 (32 bit)
    Dell ST2410(Analog monitor)
    1.5mb/s DSL Internet Connection

TQQdles™
    Member, The Older Gamers (TOG)
  • I have 4 GB AMD Radeon HD 6570 and I wasn't able to launch Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta.