/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
How many missions? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

How many missions?

How many missions are in the beta? I've only done 4 missions and when i scrolled over my name in the map it said I was 25% through the story.

Is that 25% through the beta story or 25% through the actual game?

Comments

• Actual game.
  • the game look pretty short then, if we are almost at 30% in the beta
  • Starkiteckt
    23 posts
    edited April 2016
    lainiwaku wrote: »
    the game look pretty short then, if we are almost at 30% in the beta

Well that's a shame if that's true.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Lukazaide99
    2 posts
    edited April 2016
    Antiversum wrote: »
    Actual game.

I might just cancel my pre order then
  • Simplex
    118 posts
    edited April 2016
    Actual game.

I might just cancel my pre order then

I really, REALLY doubt this is the length of the game. Most likely, the progress % accounts for all of the missions, side missions and collectibles that are EXCLUSIVE to the beta.

And come on, no triple A title would allow itself to end so quick.

EDIT: After collecting everything possible in the beta, my story is 28% done (it seems to include main story + side missions (and there are 4 main missions and 3 side missions in the beta)). It seems that it really is the story progress %.
    Still, I really doubt this is the actual length of the game. Judging by the trailers alone, story seems to be rich and the world is huge (the world with all of the beta collectibles is currently at 17%). There's absolutely no way they could fit it all in the total of about 15 missions.
    Don't get lost...
  • Simplex wrote: »
    Actual game.

God **** i might just cancel my pre order then

I really, REALLY doubt this is the length of the game. Most likely, the progress % accounts for all of the missions, side missions and collectibles that are EXCLUSIVE to the beta.

And come on, no triple A title would allow itself to end so quick.

EDIT: After collecting everything possible in the beta, my story is 28% done (it seems to include main story + side missions (and there are 4 main missions and 3 side missions in the beta)). It seems that it really is the story progress %.
    Still, I really doubt this is the actual length of the game. Judging by the trailers alone, story seems to be rich and the world is huge (the world with all of the beta collectibles is currently at 17%). There's absolutely no way they could fit it all in the total of about 15 missions.

That's a relief, I can now finish the beta without worrying about the length of the game. Thanks!
  • Even though it's way too late, I feel like posting this anyways.

You had finished 4/4 missions of the Single Player story mode.
    w3Bu0yV.png
  • i am pretty sure there are more it is probably something they just did not remember to fix that if you see all of the trailers there are so many missions it is unbelievable so i don’t think that is the whole game of mirrors edge catalyst.
  • Jony wrote: »
    Even though it's way too late, I feel like posting this anyways.

You had finished 4/4 missions of the Single Player story mode.
    w3Bu0yV.png

that said the closed beta not the full game so yeah
  • Guys, they said that this was a bug in the way that the game recognized missions. Missions like "Flow Like Water" the short tutorial that showed basic movement and transversal attacks counted as much as a full on mission like the one in Elysium labs. Plus the EA Access trial has only 10 missions, and I don't think they put all the missions in the trial because they don't want people spoiling the story. As a side note you only get 2 districts in the trial, so it's not the full game. But don't take my word.
  • They said that the beta was had an issue where it recognized missions like "Flow like Water" the minute long tutorial, as much as a mission like the one in Eysium Labs. There's at least 10 missions in the full game, probably more, because you don't get the full game in the EA Access trial, plus all the side missions.
  • vincentOK you really need to answer our questions
  • there is possibly 14 missions