/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Will we be able to run to some of the cooler places we can see? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Will we be able to run to some of the cooler places we can see?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Will we be able to run to some of the cooler places we can see?

I can see loads of cool landmarks and stuff in the distance. It looks huge and if we could get there it clearly is going to be a MASSIVE game. But I can't see these locations in the direction I am looking on the map.

Comments

• There are two more districts in Glass (which should be around the same size as Downtown, the one we are in). Downtown looks more like the first Mirror's Edge. The other districts, The View and The Anchor, look more futuristic and newer. So the answer is - yes, they're just not unlocked in the beta.
    Don't get lost...
  • Simplex wrote: »
    There are two more districts in Glass (which should be around the same size as Downtown, the one we are in). Downtown looks more like the first Mirror's Edge. The other districts, The View and The Anchor, look more futuristic and newer. So the answer is - yes, they're just not unlocked in the beta.

Good to know, I was getting worried about the size of the map.
  • @zandolas Much of the map that you're seeing will be explorable.
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst Community Manager
  • Thanks for the replies guys. But, for example, if we look in the direction of let's say the big bridge , according to the map there is nothing that far away, because it does look very far.
  • zandolas wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys. But, for example, if we look in the direction of let's say the big bridge , according to the map there is nothing that far away, because it does look very far.

No way to know for sure I guess, some of it could just be background scenery. But oh well, let's wait and see.
    Don't get lost...
  • I hope so. Good idea though, let's see what happens :smiley:
  • @Vincent0K you've got me thinking. When you said "Much of the map that you're seeing will be explorable", did you mean the in game pop up map? or the World that we can see?.