/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Secret move? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Secret move?

I found an animation/ move that doesn't look like it is meant to still be in this beta. And as far as I can tell, I am the first to find it.

It's a forward over-the-shoulder roll, the kind of thing you would do to dodge an attack. But in this game, it has no practical application, especially since you can't do it when moving too fast.

Any mods care to explain?
Really wish I could trigger a finisher again. Guess a neck spin, jumping roundhouse and backflip kick are all I get hahaha

Comments

• i got it too, on PC you crouch + jump when still, faith will do the roll she should always do
  • i made it too, on the PS4 you have to hold L2, move foward and press L1

and there's another "secret move'', on the PS4 you have to jump from a high place, press R1 to turn 180º and when you're about to reach the ground press L2 to roll, Faith will roll backwards
  • The crouch roll isn't secret. It says right in the skill upgrade page that if you are sliding, you can hit the opposite trigger or whatever it is for you guys, to do a skill roll out of it. You have to upgrade to have the skill roll first, of course.
  • The crouch roll isn't secret. It says right in the skill upgrade page that if you are sliding, you can hit the opposite trigger or whatever it is for you guys, to do a skill roll out of it. You have to upgrade to have the skill roll first, of course.

no, not that one. And btw, that only happens in the pc version.

this move is different.

Really wish I could trigger a finisher again. Guess a neck spin, jumping roundhouse and backflip kick are all I get hahaha
  • i made it too, on the PS4 you have to hold L2, move foward and press L1

and there's another "secret move'', on the PS4 you have to jump from a high place, press R1 to turn 180º and when you're about to reach the ground press L2 to roll, Faith will roll backwards

Yeah, did that one too. You only have to hit the roll button when pulling the stick backwards upon landing. That one was in ME 1 though.
  • matroxtube wrote: »
    i got it too, on PC you crouch + jump when still, faith will do the roll she should always do

Actually the skill roll 'is' over the shoulder, the camera just makes it look like it's not. The devs did study Traceurs for the ME games. I guess it's just a motion sickness thing ey. All the Runners do proper PK rolls in the cutscenes and trailers, so.