/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Using older hardware — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Using older hardware

Yesterday I was thrilled that I had been selected to participate in the closed beta. After looking up the hardware requirements I concluded that I could not play the game with a reasonable framerate. However, I decided to download it anyways (which was a grueling 4 hour wait) to watch the cutscenes and have a look around the menus. To my surprise upon the launch of the game it would not even begin to load and rejected me with a message that claimed I needed to update my Nvidia drivers to at least version 364.51. A quick internet search later and it turns out that I can only install up to version 341.92. My wonder is first what is provided in these newer drivers that the game cannot deal without (is it a restriction to make sure players have newer hardware or is it a framework or utility etc.) and secondly is there a way around it. ex a launch parameter or configuration file that would allow me to still launch the game even if the graphical fidelity was reduced. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Whats your hardware specs ?
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 quad Q8300 2.4Ghz base clock
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 mb

Right now its not a problem since I've upgraded my hardware but it'd be nice if there wasn't that restriction.
  • You aren't playing this game with 512MB VRAM. Not at any resolution, or any level of settings. 2GB wasn't sufficient, in my experience (I'm upgrading to a 1070 in June).
  • I now have a R7 RADEON 370 2GB and intel i5. I hope it's enough. I also have my arcade computer with an I3 and GEFORCE GTX 750 TI 2GB (not connected to the internet) But will there be a playable demo to download first? I haven't bought a new pc game in 10 years probably. I feel like these 2 computers are in between the specs a bit.