/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Twitter Beta Code Giveaways are Broken — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Twitter Beta Code Giveaways are Broken

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Twitter Beta Code Giveaways are Broken

I went on Twitter and saw the code giveaway was posted 4 seconds ago. It was perfect. I had input the code in less than 30 seconds of it being released yet it was still used all of them were. Cmon DICE cant you start making the code system a tad fairer so more people can play what im sure is a really fun game.

Comments

• 6 453 628 people lives in this earth (2005 years calculation). (If you continue reading you will read my opinion) 50% are people who don't play games, other 50% people plays. There can be at least million people staying in that page, refreshing it, hoping for more keys. They probably wrote the keys faster than you, so everyone used all keys.
  • Fair enough its annoying though ive been trying for every EU giveaway with no luck i even managed to start downloading it but about 2 minutes in it said the code had been used an stopped the download so it was real annoying having got it just to have it snatched away.
  • I still cant understand how sucha MP heavy game as Battlefront had open beta but MEC is closed, especialy when ME isnt a mainstream franchise like Battlefield, FIFA etc, i thought they wanted as many people attracted to MEC but nooo even left out long time ME fans like me...
  • dandrix wrote: »
    I still cant understand how sucha MP heavy game as Battlefront had open beta but MEC is closed, especialy when ME isnt a mainstream franchise like Battlefield, FIFA etc, i thought they wanted as many people attracted to MEC but nooo even left out long time ME fans like me...

The Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta test was to test the game's online functionality and get feedback from people.
    Typically, Closed Beta tests are meant for players to discover glitches, bugs, and exploits that the developers may have missed. It's called a "Closed Beta test" as inviting everyone would cause a massive overload on the game and everyone testing Mirror's Edge Catalyst will crash.

Open Beta test is for determining how many players can the servers take before it crashes.