/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Can we have some K-Sec patrols on the rooftops while I'm just out and about exploring? Please? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Can we have some K-Sec patrols on the rooftops while I'm just out and about exploring? Please?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Can we have some K-Sec patrols on the rooftops while I'm just out and about exploring? Please?

Prev1
I love running or fighting the K-Sec guards and it's bloody brilliant getting a mad 360 noscope headshot heavy attack from wallrun kickflip memealicious backstab, but the fact that it's limited to story missions and security hubs really gets on my nerves. Even if they're not dotted around the place, I'd love to be chased if I start trespassing in certain more protected areas, etc.

Anyone agree?

Comments

• I'd like this actually. Kinda like cops in a game or something. I like the idea, though I haven't played the beta (yet)
  • Yes!! That would be hella cool and would just make more sense story-wise? I mean I know they're going for the free running aspect and such, but obviously you're naturally gonna run into some baddies from time to time, right? Especially in areas that would just naturally be more guarded, like you said!
  • Indeed, sort of like need for speed, I can't believe this wasn't already a feature
  • The guarded towers are the closest to that, theres only a couple in the beta but there so much fun ambushing them then running away while still being chased.
  • +1 for this idea
  • I completely agree with this. I was coming to the forums to post this same thing, now I don't have to. I've completed all the main/side missions that the beta allowed, and after awhile the time trials and such get a little repetitive, and I really just wanted to fight. So +1 to this.
  • Been wondering where they were, but I could see them being annoying to some people.
    I think making it an option would be ideal.
  • Ya, I liked the special cops in the last game. Can't remember their names but they were runner-like too. Can we get some of those running around (Let's not give them tasers though, that was just bad).
  • I agree, it would make the game even better
  • Definitely agree. Once you've done all the missions, and gotten decent scores on all the dashes, there doesn't really feel like there's much else to do other than the delivery missions you've probably done already. The combat in this game is a ton of fun, and actually continuing to see KSec guards just roaming about looking for runners would give more to do.
  • I also would love to see some form of resistance while free roaming. Nothing crazy but the occasional guard would make things a lot more interesting.
  • Yes I agree this should be and addition to the game.
  • I absolutely agree. The open world is fairly boring with just collectibles.
  • +1 in agreement here. Having guards roaming around, or even having some sort of patrol pattern based on time of day would really help flesh out the open world and make it feel more alive. It would add to learning the layout of the city to also learn what you'd be up against at whatever time. Plus the combat's so wonderful I just want to keep beating people up :p
  • I definitely agree with this. It gets really lonely on the rooftops and it could add some variety to the gameplay. Beating up Ksec guards is so satisfying. Take advantage of that new combat system because it is fun!
  • Also are we just gunna pretend there weren't Ksec patrols in the gameplay video for "Back in the game" mission? What happened?!
  • I imagine this looking a lot like how Assassin's Creed places guards around the cities -- it just makes for a much more engaging overworld.
  • I would love to see this in the final game even if it was only a couple of ksec guards dotted around. Hopefully they wouldn't delay the game about it though.
  • +1. Love the idea. I hated combat in the original Mirror's Edge, so I always tried to avoid it as much as possible, but combat in MEC is great. I wouldn't mind at all some patrols on the rooftops. I would totally test my combat skills on them.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • Agreeded! Would make the world a lot more alive!
  • I agree
  • +1.

When I originally saw the "K-SEC Alert" in a video, I already thought DICE had put a wanted level system whenever K-SEC had seen you, but no, clearly K-SEC don't give a **** because I've been running around the city for the past 2 hours clearing Security Hubs and Dashes.

There isn't a time of day system either, which I think would be a welcome addition to making the city feel alive - considering time of day only changes based on what mission you're doing. :(
  • I would love to see this in the final game even if it was only a couple of ksec guards dotted around. Hopefully they wouldn't delay the game about it though.

^This
  • Diito.

I guess we can't upvote posts?
  • Exactly.
    An occasional guard (melee class) patrolling a rooftop would be splendid.
    +1 for the idea.
    Don't get lost...
  • Smashing_Souls
    2 posts
    edited April 2016
    Definitely. Every time I would complete a security hub and it would tell me to run away I would just stay and wait for the VTOL to drop off more baddies. Love kicking some K-Sec butt!
  • Xpectakill
    36 posts
    edited April 2016
    I agree with the concept of having more k sec around the world, but i think to fit the context of the story it would have to be only when you're doing something more illegal than usual in game, like the security hubs. i think it says somewhere that the authorities usually just ignore runners, so they would have to have a motivation to suddenly go after you.

Summary: we need more bad things to do so we can fight more k sec

Edit: also like when we hack the billboards, that could be a reason for them to go after us.
  • I agree with having K Sec around the roof tops. It would add a lot and maybe a wanted level or a threat level also.
  • Honestly, I'm surprised that all the cameras around the city that are scanning me don't alert them. Maybe later in the game, as K-Sec continues to go after the Runners?
  • Honestly, I'm surprised that all the cameras around the city that are scanning me don't alert them. Maybe later in the game, as K-Sec continues to go after the Runners?

It would be great. I sure hope later in game we'll have more... advanced K-Sec guys. Like those Runners from the original ME, when you just preferred to run instead of fighting them.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."