/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Leaderbords already ruined by hackers... — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Leaderbords already ruined by hackers...

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Leaderbords already ruined by hackers...

Prev1
On the first day, such a shame.

Comments

• As far as I remember it was even during beta, so EA didn't take it seriously.
  • How are they hacking? I haven't seen anything yet..
  • I saw very few illegitimate times in the beta, they didn't remain for more than a day. Many of the unbelievable times will be beaten once people learn the routes.
  • You mean exploiters? No one is hacking this game, it doesn't even have multiplayer, so why would hack?
  • kgg533 wrote: »
    I saw very few illegitimate times in the beta, they didn't remain for more than a day. Many of the unbelievable times will be beaten once people learn the routes.

First route I ran had a couple people at 4.xx seconds and then the rest of the 1%ers were at 22.xx. No way that's just a better route. A straight line between the 2 points would be at least 15 seconds.
  • Like i said, judging by the beta it should be taken down relatively soon, but we'll just have to wait and see. :|
  • I think the best thing to do for the devs is make a straight line to the finish, subtract a few seconds and make that the minimum anything shorter gets tossed out or takes the lowest rank in the leaderboard and adds a minute to it for that user's time.
  • Link
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    You mean exploiters? No one is hacking this game, it doesn't even have multiplayer, so why would hack?
    jwAQRZp.jpg

No exploits, HACK (CHEATER if you prefer)
    Shame on DICE for don't taking care about this since beta release.
    Post edited by Link on
  • Actually it is considered an exploit, a hack means you make the game work in a way that it wasn't intended, an exploit is finding something that was put into the game that wasn't intended and using it for your own benefit.
  • That's why you don't take it seriously. Let the losers cheat, its only themselves they are cheating. If its that important to someone they beat some random internet **** they have bigger problems in their life than hackers.
  • That's why you don't take it seriously. Let the losers cheat, its only themselves they are cheating. If its that important to someone they beat some random internet **** they have bigger problems in their life than hackers.

I think the problem that I share with them on this issue is that if you are the best runner, you are not given credit for it because someone else cheated. At what point do you know when to stop for a minute because you know you were the best? It's not like you can see past the 100 entries of cheaters and know that the next best time to yours is 4 seconds. It's cheating and I think the best way to deal with cheaters is to make their time the longest time so you don't have to see them. This will upset them for sure, but think about how many people they are upsetting by doing what they are doing for that very purpose.
  • You mean exploiters? No one is hacking this game, it doesn't even have multiplayer, so why would hack?

If it's not multiplayer who's times are you running against? Multiple players? Multiplayer seems like a legitimate description to me. It doesn't have to be same game to be called multiplayer. Think about how difficult the game would be if both of you are trying to run up a wall and grab onto a single pipe without taking contact realism away.
  • My point is what difference does it make if the world knows you're the fastest? I mean it's not like you get a medal or hero cookie. The only one you should need to impress is yourself for making a good run or doing it better than your last time. To me this is the problem, people think they have to be better than someone else to validate their lives it seems. To me if I do better than I did before then that's all that matters and I will be happy I improved. Playing against friends or yourself is one thing but to worry that you're the best over random people, well that just shows you're ego is in control of your actions.
  • Cornolio
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    So disapointing, the first ME was full of ghost teleporting at the finish line of everytime trials.
    Same here. I'm really sad.

And
    My point is what difference does it make if the world knows you're the fastest? I mean it's not like you get a medal or hero cookie. The only one you should need to impress is yourself for making a good run or doing it better than your last time. To me this is the problem, people think they have to be better than someone else to validate their lives it seems.

Sorry but you don't get it. this game is about racing and beating records, so if the leaderboard is broken, the game is broken.

Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Cornolio wrote: »

Sorry but you don't get it. this game is about racing and beating records, so if the leaderboard is broken, the game is broken.

Cornolio gets it :P
  • TaySureGn
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    So what you're saying is that this score is an exploit?

SukGGpV.jpg
  • I guess I just don't care about the leader boards, to each their own.
  • Yes, this is very annoying! Along with the lack of ghosts! What the heck?! If we could see the ghosts we could see for sure what they are doing.
  • fraka
    54 posts
    edited June 2016
    yes encounter a lot of "strange time" or impossible time..

those are hacks, for sure, and DICE must do something ASAP for those users, like a ban or make them impossible to record their time online, on the leaderboard..

At the moment, those hackers are about to kill the fun of the competitive aspect of the game.

Please do something before its too late

PS: we, the legits players, have to report them on mass.
  • This is just another reason i dont care for this sort of stuff. I really want to be able to disable these highscores. I dont wanna see other people or hackers. That just ruins it totally. Because hackers are not hard to spot, they are **** after all. completing a run in 1-2-3-4 sec, thats just not possible.
  • I would like to know if DICE know about this problem and if they are trying to resolve it soon
  • Teto
    137 posts
    EA should what Blizzard and now Ubi are doing : definitive ban of cheaters, even if they buy a new game and use a new account. And I think that how the game is played it's not too hard to detect cheaters : Your speed is checked, as your location during all the race. When you finish a race, it could be sent to EA which checks automatically the race in intern. Cheat ? Ban life. Period.
  • I'd like to see them outright ban cheaters as well, but I'm wary of any system that doesn't offer a method of recourse. What if they glitched their time by accident? If the system is automatic and bans them immediately then that's them locked out of future online participation through no fault of their own.

Perhaps hide their times and exclude them when calculating the divisions.
    980 Ti, i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 950 Pro, Windows 10
  • Teto wrote: »
    EA should what Blizzard and now Ubi are doing : definitive ban of cheaters, even if they buy a new game and use a new account. And I think that how the game is played it's not too hard to detect cheaters : Your speed is checked, as your location during all the race. When you finish a race, it could be sent to EA which checks automatically the race in intern. Cheat ? Ban life. Period.

yes this is the only viable solution, so they can even make money with people buying the game again but are unable to play.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Tonxey wrote: »
    I'd like to see them outright ban cheaters as well, but I'm wary of any system that doesn't offer a method of recourse. What if they glitched their time by accident? If the system is automatic and bans them immediately then that's them locked out of future online participation through no fault of their own.

Perhaps hide their times and exclude them when calculating the divisions.

Imagine that you did a race. Your race is send to EA. EA divides the race in, say, 100 divisions/sections. The program calculates the distance between 2 divisions (or ticks) and the speed. It's easy. Developers know that it's impossible to run faster than x km/h or to run y m in 2 seconds. From there, it's easy to detect cheaters.
    You use the hook (don't remember the english word) ? The program knows that and checks in another way. And so on.
    But for that you have to pay (people, servers, ...). I'm not sure that EA wants...
  • It's easy to detect cheaters (whether or not the devs could easily fit that into the program is another question), but I'm concerned with false positives. Games are buggy, and it wouldn't surprise me if some unnaturally short times are the result of innocent glitches and not someone deliberately exploiting.
    980 Ti, i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 950 Pro, Windows 10
  • Maybe they found exploits with the mag rope or other devices we can use. I can't say for sure since I haven't actually played the game uh wait I've played it a million times but I haven't if you know what I'm saying..
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • TheAntiYou22
    12 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yeah. They're using a "+5 Trainer". I've seen these crazy 1,2,3,4 second times. It does in fact have a teleport option. Didn't test to see if it actually worked. But given the 0.8 second times I'm sure it does.
    Unfortunate, seeing as leader board times are the only multiplayer deal going on. Which is fine for ME. But being ruined by cheaters. If they love cheating so much, they can do it solo and be banned from online leader boards. See just how fun it really it to sit there and teleport all by yourself.
    Edit: removed sites containing these cheats/hacks
    Post edited by TheAntiYou22 on
  • In time trials physics should be entirely controlled by servers, so trainers wouldn't work. That's fundamental.
  • Bubbaganoosh
    17 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yeah. They're using a "+5 Trainer". Found it on "deleted site names". I've seen these crazy 1,2,3,4 second times. It does in fact have a teleport option. Didn't test to see if it actually worked. But given the 0.8 second times I'm sure it does.
    Unfortunate, seeing as leader board times are the only multiplayer deal going on. Which is fine for ME. But being ruined by cheaters. If they love cheating so much, they can do it solo and be banned from online leader boards. See just how fun it really it to sit there and teleport all by yourself.

At least you posted the sites so people know where to get them now.
    Post edited by Bubbaganoosh on