/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Leaderbords already ruined by hackers... - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Leaderbords already ruined by hackers... - Page 2

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Leaderbords already ruined by hackers...

2Next

Comments

• TheAntiYou22
    12 posts
    edited June 2016

If they want to cheat, they're going to do it anyways. I just wanted the proof out there that they are in fact cheating. Some people seemed uncertain for some reason.
  • Kongroo
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    To people saying we need glory for validation, in terms of Mirror's edge, we do, or even in terms of every other game with a multiplayer aspect.
    The fact is of the matter, having cheaters/hackers and/or exploiters does ruin the game. Exploiters-less so, as they have probably studied the routes over and over again looking for time reductions.
    moreso, it ruins the spirit of competitiveness, thus ruining the experience of the game, as it appears (at least to me) the whole game is based around competing against something.

What people, (myself included) are upset about, is that we will not ever hit the number 1 spot because it is held by someone who has cheated/hacked. so even if we have run a legitimately good time, it will never be fully recognized or appreciated.

some people will probably look at this and brush it off as a whinge from a guy living in his mothers basement, and thats fine. Each to their own.

But I think the legitimately good runners deserve some form of recognition for the effort they have put in, but will never get it if there top 5 spots are held by people who have acquired it by illegitimate means.
  • Kongroo wrote: »
    To people saying we need glory for validation, in terms of Mirror's edge, we do, or even in terms of every other game with a multiplayer aspect.
    The fact is of the matter, having cheaters/hackers and/or exploiters does ruin the game. Exploiters-less so, as they have probably studied the routes over and over again looking for time reductions.
    moreso, it ruins the spirit of competitiveness, thus ruining the experience of the game, as it appears (at least to me) the whole game is based around competing against something.

What people, (myself included) are upset about, is that we will not ever hit the number 1 spot because it is held by someone who has cheated/hacked. so even if we have run a legitimately good time, it will never be fully recognized or appreciated.

some people will probably look at this and brush it off as a whinge from a guy living in his mothers basement, and thats fine. Each to their own.

But I think the legitimately good runners deserve some form of recognition for the effort they have put in, but will never get it if there top 5 spots are held by people who have acquired it by illegitimate means.

I completely agree with you. I've already reported players, and made a post about the cheating on ME facebook.

The fact is, the leader boards are the only online content in this game and it has been exploited/ruined. It shouldn't be that hard for DICE to create a ghost system only they can see, so a reported player/time can be replayed and banned from the leader board.
    We've all been waiting for this game for a long time. The only way it will last is if the leader board stays clean.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, please delete. Both of you.
  • klownk
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yes, this is annoying. If you want to put an online leaderboard in your game, try to protect it a little, at least. Leaderboard is about competition, if you have cheaters in it, your competition has no point...

2016_06_10_20_41_00_Mirror_s_Edge_Catalyst.png
  • Seems like it's become a race of who has the faster SSD at this point.
  • I'm pretty sure this isn't due to a glitch, given that those ridiculous times are all done by the same people. just go on mirrorsedge.com and check the profile of those guys, like iyk2013 or Z3ROKiller. I could be wrong, but that's really sketchy.
    I was wondering about another guy too who got insane times, his username is saikitsune if you wanna check his profile. There's a race that he created, I did it cause that's the only way to see a ghost, and I wanted to know if he was really good so that I could grab techniques from him or if there was something more to it, and while following it, his ghost just disappeared and ended the race out of nowhere.
  • So I emailed customer support and opened a case involving a cheater.
    Not exactly the most efficient process. However I got this message back
    "Please be assured, I’ve forwarded this issue to our concern team, who will further investigate the matter and take action in accordance with our Terms of Service. Also, I would like to inform you that Due to Privacy Policy, we will be unable to disclose the investigated result or the action taken against that reported account(s).

All the cases go to our Terms Of Service department, so that they can investigate the issue and if found such element regarding this can take and action on the customers account, don't worry we are always with you, I am trying to do all the efforts from my side, but I am requesting to you please follow the steps which are mention in the link and file a complaint against the player:

Alternatively, you can also report the player by following process: http://help.ea.com/in/article/how-to-report-a-cheater-to-battlelog-for-mohw-and-bf3/

Note: This link should be work for both battlefield 3 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Also please do these steps so he/she will be not able to see you or will be not able to send you any message:"

You cannot report them through battlelog using the provided link. But if you open your Origin in-game overlay, using the +addfriend option and search for and report the cheater. Do not add them, obviously. I'm going through my completed challenges trying to report those that look like unrealistic times.
  • So I emailed customer support and opened a case involving a cheater.
    Not exactly the most efficient process. However I got this message back
    "Please be assured, I’ve forwarded this issue to our concern team, who will further investigate the matter and take action in accordance with our Terms of Service. Also, I would like to inform you that Due to Privacy Policy, we will be unable to disclose the investigated result or the action taken against that reported account(s).

All the cases go to our Terms Of Service department, so that they can investigate the issue and if found such element regarding this can take and action on the customers account, don't worry we are always with you, I am trying to do all the efforts from my side, but I am requesting to you please follow the steps which are mention in the link and file a complaint against the player:

Alternatively, you can also report the player by following process: http://help.ea.com/in/article/how-to-report-a-cheater-to-battlelog-for-mohw-and-bf3/

Note: This link should be work for both battlefield 3 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Also please do these steps so he/she will be not able to see you or will be not able to send you any message:"

You cannot report them through battlelog using the provided link. But if you open your Origin in-game overlay, using the +addfriend option and search for and report the cheater. Do not add them, obviously. I'm going through my completed challenges trying to report those that look like unrealistic times.

nice work, I'll keep an eye out, looks like the runners are becoming KSEC: Submit!... I said submit a real score!
  • Yes, the report thing is a little complicated... i think, add an option in the game itself is a more easy way for the players who's reporting.

really hope they will do something about them soon
  • TheAntiYou22
    12 posts
    edited June 2016
    Just reported a handful of players. You can view their most recent challenges and times on their player profile.
    Here's what worries me. Reporting players isn't going to work forever. They'll start using these hacks more discretely by making their times seem more realistic. In fact, some seem to already be doing this. There seems to be no anti-cheat in place, at all. Having a full staff of people trying to review the leaderboard times is pretty unrealistic. Hopefully if enough reports flow in it will get their attention to implement some sort of anti-cheat. Other wise this game will soon be as dead as Mirror's Edge Time Trials DLC
  • Just reported a handful of players. You can view their most recent challenges and times on their player profile.
    Here's what worries me. Reporting players isn't going to work forever. They'll start using these hacks more discretely by making their times seem more realistic. In fact, some seem to already be doing this. There seems to be no anti-cheat in place, at all. Having a full staff of people trying to review the leaderboard times is pretty unrealistic. Hopefully if enough reports flow in it will get their attention to implement some sort of anti-cheat. Other wise this game will soon be as dead as Mirror's Edge Time Trials DLC

great post that suit well my thinking ;)

hackers are now doing it discretely, that will become more hard to spot them, we have to take a lot of proof (screenshots or video) before it's too late, and give them to dice, but, i think, we have already point the problem, and now, its on the dice side.

• EA should perm ban this chaters! This ruin experience from rides on pc. I'm dissapointed...
  • That link only seems to work for Medal of Honor / Battlefield -- what's the best route for reporting Catalyst cheaters? There seems to still be a #1 time in the construction zone referencing ****.
  • Lithari
    11 posts
    edited June 2016
    Well, i do agree that the developers should be more punishing to cheaters, as long as the cheaters being punished are the ones cheating to be Nr1 on the leaderboard, i sometimes use a trainer if i ever get the urge to cause some chaos and fight endlessly with Ksec drones (the guards, not the actual drones), while i am not all that into the whole competitiveness of this game, i do understand that some players like this competitive gameplay.

Blizzard go overboard with their banning, banning ANYONE cheating, even in single player, THAT is overboard and should never happen, cheating in multiplayer....ban, cheating in single player? who the frack cares? lol Blizzard are just the types that force their opinions onto others and since its their product, they can legally do so.

I know, i know, games like Starcraft 2 have cheat codes, but what if i have trouble with a single mission, the rest are easy, just a single mission causes me to always lose, i can understand using a cheat code should disable achievements for THAT mission, but not ALL future missions of that current campaign.

A good company will have zero tolerance for cheating when it affects other players, like the leaderboards on this game, but when it doesn't affect any other player, then they shouldn't give a toss who cheats.
  • So, you guys are reporting these guys right? I dont see anyone here saying it..

You can report them through the ME Web Site. Find the result in question and click on it and click report.

• Worth noting, that as of the June 14th patch, there's still a physics bug in the game that allows to become unstuck and fly. Deleting Trials times at this stage would be pointless, as a) they'd have to stay on it 24-7, and b) you can't punish someone for using something included in the game.

Once the bug is gone, perhaps they'll look into it then?
  • All games having permanent leaderboards suffer from cheaters. That's why I prefer to add game specific random friends with whom I can compare fair times. Feel free to add me: Luneryder
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Worth noting, that as of the June 14th patch, there's still a physics bug in the game that allows to become unstuck and fly. Deleting Trials times at this stage would be pointless, as a) they'd have to stay on it 24-7, and b) you can't punish someone for using something included in the game.

Once the bug is gone, perhaps they'll look into it then?
    Where is this documented and reported? I tried googling but can't find anything. If a common bug exists, surely it would be on youtube, reported on the forums, etc.
  • ninemil
    218 posts
    edited June 2016
    Where is this documented and reported?
    Because replying to that on the official public forums would be a good idea, right? o_0

Rest assured, it's been reported multiple times. I'm sure they'll get round to it. It's quite specific, (which is why only certain trials have ridiculously low times, not all.) From what knowledge I have of the engine, I'm presuming the tidiest solution will require a redistribution of the map file - given it's probable size, I doubt that's something they'll do lightly.
  • Zorkaz
    33 posts
    edited June 2016
    The game's been out for almost two weeks and has had a patch but no fix. Surely it's quite easy: just scan everyone under a certain time! The time doesn't have to be very low either, just enough to catch the first 5% on the leaderboard. From there you can identify bigger gaps in between times (like if one person's 1.00 and ones 0.50). Unfortunately, from what I've seen more recently, people are using more complex hacks, like ones that make your running speed faster. This will make things a little trickier, but it needs to be resolved! I mean do whatever you want on singleplayer but STAY OUT OF PUBLIC ACTIVITIES. The reward for being first at everything isn't even that high, they do it mainly to tick everybody off! And there are more and more of them ... it's just shameful!
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • I once saw a dude's time was under A SECOND.
  • What about the beats located in the middle of the air
  • Can we get an update? Are the hacked times going to get removed?
  • Teto wrote: »
    EA should what Blizzard and now Ubi are doing : definitive ban of cheaters, even if they buy a new game and use a new account. And I think that how the game is played it's not too hard to detect cheaters : Your speed is checked, as your location during all the race. When you finish a race, it could be sent to EA which checks automatically the race in intern. Cheat ? Ban life. Period.

It's quite severe and unnecessary.
    First of all, it's not supposed to be a "multiplayer experience" so the hack have very minor impact.
    Secondly, the only thing it does is to makes official Dash leaderboard harder, relax, you actually don't earn anything at being RED Division 1 (beside the cool logo :sunglasses: )
    If your plan was to rule the game at being the best, you can still use Youtube like most does to show around that you are the true master of your belly button.
  • I wanted to just chime in and say that I was highly anticipating this game and hoped that EA would make better preparations to prevent people from exploiting their way to the top of the Runner charts. I'm extremely disappointed to see this a mere 20 minutes into the game.
  • Hey guys. Now its nearly the end for 2016 and guess what's the fastest time for Birdman's Route?
    sdaas.jpg
    Yeah.. "Exploits."
    I am Iman.