/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
NVIDIA and AMD driver updates - Page 3 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

NVIDIA and AMD driver updates - Page 3

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

NVIDIA and AMD driver updates

13Next

Comments

• cspotcode
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    EA's support site instructed me to replace initfs_Win32 with a new version you can download here:
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/troubleshoot-mirrors-edge-catalyst-issues/
    I guess deleting it works, too, but I followed the instructions above and the game is running for me.
    EDIT: I have a Radeon HD 6800
  • cspotcode wrote: »
    EA's support site instructed me to replace initfs_Win32 with a new version you can download here:
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/troubleshoot-mirrors-edge-catalyst-issues/
    I guess deleting it works, too, but I followed the instructions above and the game is running for me.
    EDIT: I have a Radeon HD 6800

Incredible that EA supported your problem with unsupported GPU. And all the people here blaming them instead...
    f81c33dd99.png
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Incredible that EA supported your problem with unsupported GPU. And all the people here blaming them instead...

• So...I can play the game now. The only problem, is that I can't play it without a controller. I also can't change the settings because it flickers the whole time. It seems like there's a lot more flickering in the loading now, which is odd, but hey, I can actually play the game now, so I'm not complaining. (That much.)
  • So...I can play the game now. The only problem, is that I can't play it without a controller. I also can't change the settings because it flickers the whole time. It seems like there's a lot more flickering in the loading now, which is odd, but hey, I can actually play the game now, so I'm not complaining. (That much.)

Remove settings file and redial settings ingame.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 2016
    Which file is it though?
  • zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    Which file is it though?

You could guess it by opening or looking at the file size. Its the PROF_SAVE_profile
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 2016
    [Ignore this]
    Post edited by Imaproshaman on
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 2016
    [Ignore this also, whoops]
  • Since this update, my screen occasionally turns black during most loading screens, and turns black WHENEVER I CHANGE A SINGLE OPTION. EVEN MOVING SLIDERS BY ONE BIT CAUSES THE SCREEN TO GO BLACK FOR A SECOND.
  • frogben wrote: »
    Since this update, my screen occasionally turns black during most loading screens, and turns black WHENEVER I CHANGE A SINGLE OPTION. EVEN MOVING SLIDERS BY ONE BIT CAUSES THE SCREEN TO GO BLACK FOR A SECOND.

Same! My game actually froze for some reason, and since my power button no longer works, I had to Ctrl Alt Del and restart my computer when I had gotten a black screen. I also, (on top of the things you described) literally can't play without a controller. Any input with my trackpad or keyboard does nothing. And, it's not that I hate using a controller either, it's just that the controller's port is very messed up and finicky; making it really annoying when it disconnects constantly. It's also easier to do time-sensitive missions with the precision of the trackpad. When I wanted to turn the music down in the game, I had to move it one notch at a time and wait for it to stop flickering. It was super irritating, honestly.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 2016
    zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Which file is it though?

You could guess it by opening or looking at the file size. Its the PROF_SAVE_profile

Okay, so I went into my Documents and then MirrorsEdgeCatalyst, and I found the "PROF_SAVE_profile" folder. But I don't want to delete the settings folder, for fear of ruining or damaging my game in some way. (I'm not very good with game files.)
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Which file is it though?

Okay, so I went into my Documents and then MirrorsEdgeCatalyst, and I found the "PROF_SAVE_profile" folder. But I don't want to delete the settings folder, for fear of ruining or damaging my game in some way. (I'm not very good with game files.)

PROF_SAVE_profile is a file not a folder. Don't delete it, just rename.................
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 2016
    Which file is it though?

PROF_SAVE_profile is a file not a folder. Don't delete it, just rename.................

Just rename it? Okay. Does it matter /what/ I rename it to? Because I tried, and it didn't work. I just want to stop the flickering, and make it so I can actually play the game with a keyboard and mouse.

In other news, the first mission cutscenes don't lag, except for the ones that are video files. Those still lag all the same.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 2016
    Which file is it though?

Just rename it? Okay. Does it matter /what/ I rename it to? Because I tried, and it didn't work. I just want to stop the flickering, and make it so I can actually play the game with a keyboard and mouse.

In other news, the first mission cutscenes don't lag, except for the ones that are video files. Those still lag all the same.

Okay, so maybe it did work? I don't get barely any flickering in the loading screens anymore, and I can actually change the settings! So, thanks! (The only problem is that I'm still forced to use my nearly broken controller; for some reason.)
  • Okay, so I got the Mirror's Edge Catalyst Xbox One controller, so that's not a problem anymore. The only real problem I'm STILL having since the first update, is that I can't play without a controller. It doesn't recognize any other input, and it's starting to become really annoying, honestly.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    It's been two months. Why has no one responded to this thread since then???
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • It's been two months. Why has no one responded to this thread since then???

maybe play it with a M&K, which is anyway better for first person titles. otherwise get a controller from logitech. i have a f710 and it works fine for many games i have tried it on. even tried it on catalyst and it worked just fine.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    metalrocks wrote: »
    It's been two months. Why has no one responded to this thread since then???

maybe play it with a M&K, which is anyway better for first person titles. otherwise get a controller from logitech. i have a f710 and it works fine for many games i have tried it on. even tried it on catalyst and it worked just fine.

Hm. I have a perfectly fine controller. I'd like to not have to lug it around if I don't have to. I mean, sometimes I want to just use my keyboard when I play the game on the bus. Since it doesn't accept any other input, I can't even use the Origin overlay. I also can't use the cinimentics tool/mod because it requires keyboard input to get started. <Sigh> This has been a problem since the first major update, and I can't possibly imagine why they built /so much/ hype towards a game that they essentially immediately abandoned right when it was released. It makes me sad, honestly. So much potential. So much wasted.

• Hm. I have a perfectly fine controller. I'd like to not have to lug it around if I don't have to. I mean, sometimes I want to just use my keyboard when I play the game on the bus. Since it doesn't accept any other input, I can't even use the Origin overlay. I also can't use the cinimentics tool/mod because it requires keyboard input to get started. <Sigh> This has been a problem since the first major update, and I can't possibly imagine why they built /so much/ hype towards a game that they essentially immediately abandoned right when it was released. It makes me sad, honestly. So much potential. So much wasted.

certainly hyped up for sure. but from the sounds of it, you are more upset for reasons i can not relate to. for me, the game works flawlessly and enjoy it a lot. only i play with with M&K and need nothing else.
    but i do understand that some things you like, are not being supported. so maybe in the future, a patch will come and you can enjoy the game the way you like.
  • metalrocks wrote: »

Hm. I have a perfectly fine controller. I'd like to not have to lug it around if I don't have to. I mean, sometimes I want to just use my keyboard when I play the game on the bus. Since it doesn't accept any other input, I can't even use the Origin overlay. I also can't use the cinimentics tool/mod because it requires keyboard input to get started. <Sigh> This has been a problem since the first major update, and I can't possibly imagine why they built /so much/ hype towards a game that they essentially immediately abandoned right when it was released. It makes me sad, honestly. So much potential. So much wasted.

certainly hyped up for sure. but from the sounds of it, you are more upset for reasons i can not relate to. for me, the game works flawlessly and enjoy it a lot. only i play with with M&K and need nothing else.
    but i do understand that some things you like, are not being supported. so maybe in the future, a patch will come and you can enjoy the game the way you like.

I sure hope so. Thanks for the comment though. It made me really happy. 8D
  • no problem
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited August 2016
    So, I can use my keyboard and trackpad for the game again??!! And minimizing the game by ALT+TABing doesn't make it crash??!!?!

Sadly, that only worked because some virus/ad thing, I don't know, forcibly minimized the game, and I was able to go back into the game and use my keyboard/trackpad again. However, when I closed and reopened the game after that, I can no longer use the keyboard/trackpad. I'm at my wits END, and I just want it fixed. I was SO excited that the problem might've been solved somehow, but for now, I don't know what to do anymore. (Maybe I should check to see if it's up to date. But I HIGHLY doubt that's whats causing that problem.)
  • Hello, Can somebody help for me?
    I have this error while gaming: alg6l5.jpg
    driver: non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27
    Win7 64bit
    I deleted the driver with the amd clean up utility and reinstall, but still have this error.
  • schottgun2 wrote: »
    Hello, Can somebody help for me?
    I have this error while gaming: alg6l5.jpg
    driver: non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27
    Win7 64bit
    I deleted the driver with the amd clean up utility and reinstall, but still have this error.

are you sure you got the right drivers? this sounds to me like you have gotten the wrong one. maybe delete the driver over windows it self. i have never used a software to uninstall them.
  • metalrocks wrote: »
    are you sure you got the right drivers? this sounds to me like you have gotten the wrong one. maybe delete the driver over windows it self. i have never used a software to uninstall them.

I think the 16.2.1 is the latest driver for HD 6990.
    From AMD site:
    "NAME - FILE SIZE - REVISION NUMBER - RELEASE DATE
    Catalyst Software Suite - 286 MB - 15.7.1 - 7/29/2015
    Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta - 313 MB - 16.2.1 - 3/1/2016"
    I try the 15.7.1 and it's worst than the 16.2.1. (Example: Resident Evil 7 average 3FPS/sec, with low settings)