/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
SOUNDTRACK RELEASE? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

SOUNDTRACK RELEASE?

Prev1
Title says it all...

Comments

• +1
  • Agree whole heartedly!
    Lorn Maverick
  • Seriously where is it, I'm ready to start downloading or ripping every tune I hear... That being said, I WILL throw money at you if you release the soundtrack DICE!
  • +1
  • You can find a beta version on YouTube as well as the Warning Call song.
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • But not the credits song that replayed about 3 times in a row, I was actually happy the same song was repeating for 20 minutes :tongue:
  • I just downloaded the full gamerip soundtrack, it's almost four hours long so I'll have to spend a while cutting it up. That is if my **** free editing software can even handle a file that big...
  • audacity is pretty good.
  • Mildocjr wrote: »
    audacity is pretty good.
    That's what I'm using, after a few freeze ups I was able to get going. I've cut about 60 songs out of the first 2 hours, but I need to take a break... if you have any suggestions on file uploading I could put these out for you guys to download.
  • You can find a beta version on YouTube as well as the Warning Call song.

Speaking of: Why wasn't Warning Call used over the end credits? The only place it appears in the game is lair juke box. Dumb.
  • Fafhrd wrote: »

Speaking of: Why wasn't Warning Call used over the end credits? The only place it appears in the game is lair juke box. Dumb.

Because the song they did use at the end was WAY more powerful and it gave that feeling of a meaningful accomplishment. Maybe it could've been played after that song, but the first one was just perfect.
  • Eh, for me the soundtrack was the lowest point of the game. Completely forgettable and out of touch with the game.
  • The older game has allot better soundtracks than the latest one in my opinion.
  • You should contact the creator of the soundtrack
  • *waiting for it to release on Spotify*
  • Gudmundr
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    Just found this yesterday on Solar Fields' website:
    "The official soundtrack will be released this summer, date and info is coming soon."
    http://solarfields.com/mirrors-edge-catalyst-is-today-available-worldwide/
  • Teto
    137 posts
    I hope that there will be ALL soundtrack, not like the first one where there were just few tracks.
  • Yes. We need a soundtrack. I had the first one, too, even found a remix album with a bunch of Lisa Mischobsvjfpebskey's songs on it that was sweet, too. One of the better game soundtracks around, IMO.
    That's MR. Faith to you, buddy... <3
  • lol. i have started a thread not too long ago asking the same question.
  • Gudmundr wrote: »
    Just found this yesterday on Solar Fields' website:
    "The official soundtrack will be released this summer, date and info is coming soon."
    http://solarfields.com/mirrors-edge-catalyst-is-today-available-worldwide/

Good find!
  • Oh spoilers but it could be a good one as there is a new soundtrack to look forward to at the end! I probably should get the game before any really big spoilers come through the GRID
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Fafhrd wrote: »

This.
  • HaraldHoerwick
    137 posts
    edited June 2016
    [deleted - duplicate]

• I need this soundtrack. I love it. Especially the song played in the Shard a few times. I would like a full soundtrack in mp3 like i have with the first one (all background/main songs)
  • Fiannr
    6 posts
    edited June 2016
    Same here - looking forward for the album release! Or that danm jukebox could play more than just one song from the new game...

Anyway, this summer sounds good for a release. I just wished it could be tomorrow :D
  • They probably paid CHVRCHES a good amount to write "Warning Call", I have no idea why they [Mirror's Edge] are not promoting it much or have it in-game aside from the Jukebox. They could even have featured it in the ending credits after the first song.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Worse, the song in the jukebox is cut, you don't have the entire song...
  • JasSingh93
    2 posts
    edited July 2016
    I'm late but totally agree absolutely need this full soundtrack, eagerly waiting for the release!! Especially love the ambient music from Eden Village and Ocean Pier, soo relaxing! Solar Fields has nailed it imo. Got "Warning Call" on repeat too!
  • I dobt there will be a full release, it usually goes by the CD format, and how much could fit. Plus with all the motifs, btracks, it be huge. I think as the first, just the main tracks, with slight transtions, between action and calm states. That how it goes, sadily
  • stedmister wrote: »
    I dobt there will be a full release, it usually goes by the CD format, and how much could fit. Plus with all the motifs, btracks, it be huge. I think as the first, just the main tracks, with slight transtions, between action and calm states. That how it goes, sadily

but still, with digital content being all the rage ...