/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
SOUNDTRACK RELEASE? - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

SOUNDTRACK RELEASE?

2Next

Comments

• By God, he's done it! Five+ hours of Solar Fields goodness available to purchase here:

https://www.7digital.com/artist/solar-fields/release/mirrors-edge-catalyst-ea-games-soundtrack-5541968

(Also available on iTunes, but why would you want it at lower quality and higher price? Having said that, I gather the above link doesn't work for US customers.)
    980 Ti, i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 950 Pro, Windows 10
  • finally was waiting for it. just weird they havent announced it. not even on facebook.
  • Fafhrd wrote: »
    You can find a beta version on YouTube as well as the Warning Call song.

Speaking of: Why wasn't Warning Call used over the end credits? The only place it appears in the game is lair juke box. Dumb.

As I mentioned in another post, if you go on the options menu (PS4) and select 'Credits', the credits should start rolling and the first song that plays is Warning Call. But I admit that I sat through them for quite a while just to hear WC, when I finished the game, and was disappointed that it didn't play after Simply Amazing.
    That being said, Simply Amazing was pretty good to use.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    edited July 2016
    Tonxey wrote: »
    By God, he's done it! Five+ hours of Solar Fields goodness available to purchase here:

https://www.7digital.com/artist/solar-fields/release/mirrors-edge-catalyst-ea-games-soundtrack-5541968

(Also available on iTunes, but why would you want it at lower quality and higher price? Having said that, I gather the above link doesn't work for US customers.)

Many thanks for the announcement. Cheap. Downloading.
    I'm listening via my browser, too. Track 6 for now. Many melodies seem to be "new" as we don't hear them during game. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
    It's from Solar Fields, obviously. And not the 2008's Solar Fields. His style changed quite a bit. You won't listen tracks that could be done for the first game. But I love the OST, for the moment, it's a great soundtrack, in a complete harmony with the style of the game. <3

Edit: But there is NOT the song. Sad.
  • It was just released today:)
  • stedmister
    4 posts
    edited July 2016
    shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • i was shocked to see how long some tracks are. over 25min? wow. i have listened to them all but i have mainly skipped through them to get some taste of each track. few tracks i did let play for a few minutes when it was a part i enjoyed.
    over all, the entire soundtrack is over 5 hours long. i sure will sit down and just listen to them all. first impression would be very good. its different from the original ME but you can clearly hear how much heart he has put in to them.
    i have purchased mine from itunes.
  • I don't really like that it's over 5 hours long (because I can't put it on my phone, I don't 20 minute long tracks popping inbetween 3 min ones), but I don't really see any other way he could've done it. A lot of it is ambience and situational so it would've been weird and dumb to put them all seperately and have a 200-song album. I'm glad that they were actually edited into actual compositions instead of just ripping the files and putting them in an album, which was what I was expecting. Heard a lot of stuff in this album so far that you didn't really hear in-game.
  • I don't really like that it's over 5 hours long (because I can't put it on my phone, I don't 20 minute long tracks popping inbetween 3 min ones), but I don't really see any other way he could've done it. A lot of it is ambience and situational so it would've been weird and dumb to put them all seperately and have a 200-song album. I'm glad that they were actually edited into actual compositions instead of just ripping the files and putting them in an album, which was what I was expecting. Heard a lot of stuff in this album so far that you didn't really hear in-game.

i never understood why people use their phones to listen to music. the battery just depletes quicker. i use an ipod that has 16gb and it works perfectly fine. its very slim and light, so you hardly feel it in your pocket. thats how i have uploaded the music and can listen to it all in one go if i want to. but obviously i will not sit there listening to 5 hours long.
    but i also expected some songs being separated and simple being ripped from the game. but nope, just one big song which is after all from a mission. so far i have listened half of the music already. really great stuff. and yes, i also cant recall hearing certain pieces in the game. but for me its mainly the quieter parts you dont really pay much attention too, so they go over your head wile playing.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    OK. It's the third time I'm listening the soundtrack. It's freaking good !

If I would nitpick, I'd say that the long tracks (+20 mn) have sometimes melodies very "chpounk, chpounk, chpounk" like a music for an action scene, and I'd like to pass it, and it's not possible of course. :D

But fans will be pleased by the quality AND quantity. Thumbs up.
  • Warning Call is at least avaiable seperatly.

https://www.7digital.com/artist/chvrches/release/warning-call-theme-from-mirror’s-edge-catalyst-5338371?f=20%2C19%2C12%2C16%2C17%2C9%2C2
  • 5 hours 13 minutes, woooooooo so much goodness!
  • Seems the end credits song is missing from the soundtrack, perhaps I missed it on my first go around.
  • SolidHayabusa
    7 posts
    edited July 2016
    I actually feel that Solar Fields did a wonderful job and I feel it's the best musical score of the year for me currently! The amount of time and effort of him piecing it together in such a manner definitely pays off because he cares not only for the series he's been in but for the fans who enjoyed the score of the first. I actually want to hear an extended version of the original from him now to be quite honest!
  • i still havent finished listening to it yet. still have 9 more tracks to go but i really like it. 5 hours is really a long time and i admire solar fields for writing these pieces. an amazing work and wasnt even that expensive. at least on itunes. payed only 17AUD for it.
  • JasSingh93
    2 posts
    edited July 2016
    Absolutely stunning soundtrack! So glad this got released. Loved listening to it while running in-game and now I got it on repeat. Solar Fields belongs in the Mirror's Edge world just like the first game, Catalyst would not have had the same atmosphere without him!
  • Go to CHVRCHES on iTunes and you can at least find one of the theme songs there.
  • Strand
    1 posts
    edited August 2016
    My first post here :)
    Solar Fields is doing an Ask Me Anything on reddit today acording to his facebook page.
    Thursday 4 August 11am EDT / 5 PM CEST to answer your questions

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/4w4euw/i_am_solar_fields_my_5_hour_soundtrack_for/
  • Strand wrote: »
    Solar Fields is doing an Ask Me Anything on reddit today acording to his facebook page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/4w4euw/i_am_solar_fields_my_5_hour_soundtrack_for/

Welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around. 8) Also, boo since I didn't see this until he 20th. Lol.
  • Strand wrote: »

Welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around. 8) Also, boo since I didn't see this until he 20th. Lol.

same here. didnt know anything about it until now.